Sunday, November 11, 2012

30 weeks


Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: As I write this? 30 weeks, 2 days. To think that I could have as little as 7 weeks left is TERRIFYINGGGG. 
Total Weight Gain: 21 big ones. 
Maternity Clothes: I think all of my tops are non-maternity. My bottoms on the other hand....either yoga pants, maternity skinnys or maternity leggings. I will say it again and again - GAP maternity leggings? Best purchase this whole 30 weeks!
Stretch Marks: No, thank goodness and I am in the final stretch...good thing I had a little extra skin to begin with. Wait, is that an urban myth?
Best Moment this Week: My doctors appointment last week provided me a few good moments. The best was after taking a measurement of my belly. Being the question asker I am, I piped up and asked 5 million questions about my progression and what it all means. Dr. Brown told me he hopes to see a three centimeter increase at each appointment so based on my curve, baby Salz is estimated to be between 7 1/2 & 8 lbs at birth. This is SOOOO exciting considering Cruz was estimated to be 10 lbs. In fact at my 36 week appointment, 10 weeks after I watched my sister TRY to push out her 10+ lb baby with no success, I begged and begged for a scheduled c-section. Since my doc is a stud, he agreed but we are ALL very thankful Cruz was ready when he was ready. 3 weeks early. And 8 lbs. 
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG - 2nd best moment? The mobile came and it is so beyond fab. Pictures to come.... 
Miss Anything: Energy is down, motivation is lacking. Last year my Christmas tree was lit and decorated on November 3rd. It is the 11th and half of my tree is lit. You guys, it is depressing. I don't know how I am going to keep up with the hustle and bustle of my favorite time of year cause let's be honest, I haven't so far.  
Movement: She is a little rock star! Her movement rumbles and shakes my tummy so hard...gives her daddy heart palpations. 
Cravings: Milk! I can't get enough. Today, I went back for my second half gallon in two days. Oh and because Nick refuses to drink the fat free stuff and Cruz refuses it all together, it's allllll me. The checker, who I happened to go to high school with, called me OUT. She goes, "I never see you in here except to get milk." I go, "Yeah, I'm loving Lucerne these days." I mean seriously. What do you say to that?!
It is true, I do all of my shopping at Albertsons. Mostly out of familiarity. Supermarket Sweep champ every time. Problem is, Albertsons carries every milk brand but Lucerne and these days it HAS to be Lucerne. 
Gender: Girl!
Name: Sadly, we are back to the drawing board
Labor Signs: No. 
Symptoms: In an effort to keep up with all of my Facebook friends who have been publicly professing their daily thankfulness: Words can't even begin to explain how thankful I am for modern day medicine. Specifically Zantac. Oh Zantac, how I need you and how I love you. You help me sleep and give me sweet dreams. Most importantly, Zantac, you eliminate my late night h-e-double hockey sticks. I no longer need 4 tums, a glass of milk, water, ANYTHINGGGGGG to stop the acid from burning a whole in my throat tube. And making me barf. 5 TIMES A NIGHT. 
Happy or Moody: I read it could happen...I didn't want to believe it...
"Congratulations. You are 30 weeks pregnant. Did you know the hormones surging through your body change at week 30 to prepare your body for labor. Yes, that means you will be just as moody, irritable and annoyed as you were your first trimester."
Well thank you for that. Oh and you just made my husband's day. 
Wedding Rings - on or off: On.
Looking Forward to: Pictures - which are finally and officially scheduled for this week. Thinking about my maternity shoot makes me SOOOOOOOOOO nervous. I so desperately want an America's Next Top Model (my TV obsession) photo! I want...no, I need the "money shot". Hence the pressure. You can see now why thinking about my session makes me pucker my bum cheeks. Since I am no kind of model, all I can do is give it my all. Bearing it all. Smizing every step of the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment