Monday, September 17, 2012

22 weeks


Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: As I write this? 22 weeks, 3 days. 
Total Weight Gain: I had my apt. today and the news was a little frighting. 11 lbs. so far! That's 6 lbs. since my last apt. Oops.
Maternity Clothes: Pants only - I have a pair of maternity GAP skinnys, maternity GAP Bermuda shorts and some maternity leggings I have yet to bust out. Since I only have three and a half months left (Uhhhhhh, I can't believe how FAST this pregnancy has gone) I am thinking I may invest in one more pair of colored skinnys to get through the winter. Plus how fab would a pair of red skinnys be for the Holidays....yes. Typing that last statement sealed the deal. Done and done. 
Stretch Marks: No.
Best Moment this Week: Nick telling me how much he loves my pregnant body. Talk about a confidence boost and a get ready cause I am going to make you feel instantly sexy kind of statement. 
Miss Anything: Just the feeling of being skinny. AND it's only going to get WORSE!!!!
Movement: Totally! Tons!!! This past week besides feeling her in bed and on the couch, I have been feeling her in the car, while at Nordstrom Rack (looking at baby Juicy)...she's getting strongerrrrr.
Cravings: Sweets! Baskin and Robbins chocolate pb ice cream, cinnamon bears (from Target ONLY), and anything cake-y and chocolate-y oh and frosting-y. Yesterday I was craving chocolate cream cheese brownies from Betty Crocker SO bad I swore I could smell them. Ps: I didn't make them because I wasn't willing to drive to Albertsons to get them. At 9 pm.
Gender: Girl!
Name: PVS.
Labor Signs: No.
Symptoms: Ooooo baby - the heartburn started in a BAD way this week. I have had to resort to adding in two Tums into my nightly get-ready-for-bed routine. This baby girl better come out with a head FULL of hair! Also did you know that dry eyes and a stuffy nose can be related to pregnancy (says Babycenter)?? Those were two symptoms I didn't have with Cruz but am DYINGGGGGGGGG over with P. Usually I can put my contacts in at 7 and off at 10...now?? On at 11 and off at 7:30! In fact it is 7:44 and I feel like I have a piece of plastic in each eye. Don't even get me started on the amount of times I blow my nose each day...
Happy or Moody: I think I figured it out. My moodiness kicks into high gear if I have a headache. Most days an iced skinny vanilla latte solves that problem. Hey, keep this mama fed and hydrated (by coffee mostly) and bring on the happy!
Wedding Rings - on or off: On.
Looking Forward to: P's heart ultrasound has been moved to Monday. Looking forward to that ohhhhh and the fact I get to fly to Portland with Lauren to see Erin on Friday! Nick is out of town all week at Dreamforce so other than missing him and prolonging our reunion another two days I am beyond ready for some best friend time. As much as I love my husband there is nothing quite like spending some serious quality time with the Fearsome. I was telling my sister the other day how much I love and appreciate them....when you have been best friends for 15 plus years there isn't anything you can't talk about. You know the back story, you know every disappointment, every disagreement, every joy - happy moment and every regret. There is no judgement and most importantly there is NO being fake. Just the thought of sitting around the TV, in sweats, sipping hot tea with the women I love most on the earth makes me happy beyond measure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment