Monday, October 1, 2012

24 weeks


Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: As I write this? 24 weeks, 3 days. 
Total Weight Gain: 11 big ones! YOU GUYS.....my belly is SOOOOOOOO big. I honestly looked like this when I was 34 weeks along with Cruz! Ahhhhhh - either I have gestational diabetes and she is growing at rapid pace or my due date is WAY off (I'd love that, ps.). 
Maternity Clothes: Gap's maternity leggings make me want to bathe in a tub of molten lava cake! I am OBSESSED!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so official...I will be wearing them ALL winter long. Do not worry - I bought two more pair so I can have a clean pair at a moments notice. 
Can I also just say....I disPISEEEEEEE maternity ruched tops. Considering these days that boyfriend style women's clothing, off the shoulder and layered looks are SO hot right now, purchasing a ruched maternity top should be outlawed! Plus this gives you the added benefit of being able to wear clothing you purchase in the middle of your pregnancy AFTER. Cause seriously - I'd report you to the fashion police if I saw you wearing a ruched top with an infant in your arms.   
Stretch Marks: No!
Best Moment this Week: I have two.
1. P's latest ultrasound. She was on her side so we got a great shot of her face (no profile) and more importantly a great look at her heart - WHICH - has 4 chambers and is pumping beautifully. She is growing steady and weighs 1lb 7oz! 
2. A dear friend announced her pregnancy. It is still hush hush - so I won't be outing her quite yet - but it's yet another partner in crime. Nothing is better than sharing this crazy roller coaster of an experience right beside a friend. They say April showers bring May flowers...well in this case April showers bring a bum load of MAY BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Miss Anything: I miss feeling nimble. No longer a spring chicken, that's for sure! When I used to hop up off the couch or the bed it was like I was a ninja in training. These days? I feel like a beached whale. It is awful.
Movement: All I can say is P is one active girl!!! I am busting out the doppler less and less thanks to all sorts of fists and feet to the uterus...especially at night!
Cravings: Other than brownies? No. 
Oh and if this makes you think all I do is sit around all day eating brownies (I had them twice in the month of September), I don't. I wish, though. I offset that and the rest of the "treats" I allow myself by walking at least 2 miles twice a week with my sis.
Gender: Girl!
Name: PVS.
Labor Signs: No.
Symptoms: My heartburn kicked up a notch this week. We are up to 4 Tums a day. Holy moly. Ahhh and something totally new and incredibly horrific - (***stop reading if you don't like the word vagina) - I feel like there is a 10lb dumbbell sitting right on top of my vagina. The pressure is out of this worldddddddddd. I am sore. I waddle. And I feel like P will shoot straight out my next hearty sneeze. This symptom is my LEAST favorite. If you also feel like you have a dumbbell sitting on your vag, please hit me up. I need a high five and a we can get through it
Happy or Moody: Knock on wood people but I am feeling pretty happy these days. 
Wedding Rings - on or off: On.
Looking Forward to: Finishing up P's nursery, my maternity session with Sarah G., and celebrating the holidays with Nick and Cruz. Our last holiday season as a family of 3!

Happy OCTOBER! xo

2 comments:

  1. High five AND a bum slap, Ash... because Harper is sitting on my vag, too. We can get through it :) P.S. you are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh Katie...you were JUST what I needed today! Thank you, thank you!!! Oh and while it's no fun at all at least we have each other to commiserate with...until the day we get to meet our daughters! :)

    ReplyDelete