Sunday, October 14, 2012

26 weeks


Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: As I write this? 26 weeks, 2 days. 
Total Weight Gain: 11 lbs. + (find out my official weight gain tomorrow)
Maternity Clothes: If I don't have anywhere to be - okay, more like ALL THE TIME - I'm guaranteed to be wearing my Buckle extra long black yoga pants and an Buckle extra long and lean tank. Poor Debbie at Target has seen me in that EXACT outfit 4 times in the last month. Is it sad that I know she is currently away for a 10 day vacation to visit her family? Even worse...the last time I went in, the lady in the Target Cafe asked me if I wanted the usual. 
Stretch Marks: No!
Best Moment this Week: Checking the mail to find a few baby packages! Baby Gap sent me these and these and a DARLLLING Zulily outfit came! I need to reign it it...I think I have 3 or 4 more Zulily packages headed my way over the next month. 
Miss Anything: I miss being able to drink caffeine freely. While I definitely have at least 12 oz. a day, I wish I could have more and not feel totally guilty about it. Pregnancy or no pregnancy, my go-to drinks are always coffee or diet coke. That - and doing my bible study homework lounged about on my stomach.
Movement: All the time!
Cravings: Cream cheese and spice. Weird right? Specifically - anything with "jalapeno popper" in the title. This last week I made Jalapeno Popper Chicken via Pinterest and OMGGGGGGG! It is so killer. My husband was obsessed. Em made it for her family and DIEDDDD. It was so good that I was scooping the melted filling out of the pan. Into my mouth. You know the stuff that oozes out and ends up good and crusty?   YUM!
PS: Benny's Famous Jalapeno Poppers via Pinterest are equally out of the world. You guessed it...made those too. 
PPS: I wish my husband would let me rub goat cheese all over his naked body so I could lick it off. Obsessed with goat cheese....and my husband. 
Gender: Girl!
Name: Sadly, we are back to the drawing board.
Labor Signs: No. Although, I did experience my first set of Braxton Hicks Saturday night. Crazy how tight a contraction can make my soccer ball sized uterus. 
Symptoms: Heartburn, PRESSURE, and a general lower body soreness. Also it's clear she is resting mostly on my right side so anytime Cruz or the dogs get too close to that side, I immediately cringe and change scenery.
Happy or Moody: Happy. 
Wedding Rings - on or off: On.
Looking Forward to: 1. Getting my Glucose test over with. Stressing about Gestational Diabetes. With Cruz I failed round one so had to go back for the 3 hour test. While I ultimately passed, I really don't want to do that again. 2. Starting and finishing the nursery. My goal is to have it finished and organized by Thanksgiving. Thank goodness the crib is already finished...one thing to cross off the to-do list!  

No comments:

Post a Comment