Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A new name + a big door

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Maybe it is my fault for sharing her initials, maybe its random people coming up to us assuming xyz is her name, maybe it is the fact that I have tried hard to keep it a secret (which, those of you who know me, know that is really crazy HARD) but because of all of that, ladies and gentlemen, we have decided to change directions. 

So this time - because we could VERY WELL change it again and again - I won't be releasing initials, won't be discussing options (you all know it will be very stripper) and will be keeping it totally to ourselves. Consider her baby Dolly (what Lucy has named her since my growing belly has grown to the point of obvious-ness) until God decides it's time for her to enter this world.

Hey - I am actually not that sad. That just means my nightly ritual of surfing baby name blogs won't just be for fun.  Here we go again Nick Salz...the nightly slew of baby name options. The highlight of your day. 

*************

In other news, our back living/dining addition is now 85% complete with the installation of our very LARGE, very costly, very AMAZINGLY COOL glass-wall-window-door system. Or whatever you want to call it. In love is a total understatement and let me assure you with as much hassle as this system has caused us over the last three weeks, anything other than IN LOVE would have been a total disappointment. 

Here is a little picture evolution for you - just to show you how far we have come. 


Here is the finished product - a little bigger. 




Up next:
An up-to-date inspection, exterior siding, interior electrical work, insulation, drywall, flooring.....

A HUGEEEEEEEEEEE thanks to Derek Harty (Heather and baby Liv too) and D&I Construction for getting us to this point. There have been many late nights, phone consultations, victories and challenges - all of which were handled with the utmost professionalism and grace. Derek and his brother Ian are top notch so please know they are my greatest recommendation should you need any construction help. 

Lastly, my husband is a rock star  He is the soul reason we could even do this reno and has endured every emotional pendulum swing so we get the house of our dreams. I am so proud of Nick, it is sick. He is a hero in my mind. And I am reminded is every time I stare at those 8 foot doors!

Can't wait till it is all done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment