Thursday, December 27, 2012

Showered with love

Isn't it always true??

"I have the best friends and family in the history of friends and family." 

Well in my case it is absolutely true. 

When I found out I was pregnant with this baby I told my sister that I didn't want a baby shower. ESPECIALLY if we were expecting a boy. There is something about asking loved ones for another baby gift that really makes me feel funny. Plus if I'm honest - there wasn't much this baby needed boy or girl. Remember, I had already stockpiled girl clothing from when I though Cruz was most definitely a baby girl and most all of my baby boy accessories are fairly gender neutral. Well MUCH to my surprise we found out we were expecting a baby girl. Not only did that bring about a whole new level of excitement and shopping, but the words baby and shower reemerged. 

I knew, that with my particular taste and style, I would be the one responsible filling her closet with clothing. So with that in mind, my sister's feisty insistence ("Ashleyyyy, it is my last opportunity to throw my sister a baby shower...."), and my dear dear friend Kelly's desire to get involved - an accessory baby shower for baby girl Salzwedel was born. No big thing. Just my closest friends and family. Celebrating the fact that I, in a few short weeks, will be welcoming a DAUGHTER!


It was perfect in every way. A festive brunch that glowed beside my sister's beautifully decorated home. Gifts filled with love and generosity piled under my sister's Christmas tree. Fellowship and laughter with some of my very favorite people on the earth. I mean, honestlyyyyyy.


I know I have said it a few times but to the two hosts of the morning: thank you! Thank you for ALWAYS going out of your way to make me feel so special. Always. It was all perfect because of you two!



This baby is sure lucky...and very blessed. She now has more shoes than any person I know. And lots of pink bows. She even got a few pieces of jewelry for the hospital and a gift certificate to Silver Safari from Aunt Lauren so that at 3 months old she can get her ears pierced (Aunt Lauren, you know us all too well)! I can't WAIT for that! If I could, I would pierce those ears in the hospital!


I will leave you with this - a message I left with each one of the people who came. It is also a message to those who wanted to be there but couldn't. I am thankful for EACH ONE OF YOU!


I am certain that God has blessed me with the most loving, caring, devoted, faithful, awe inspiring group of friends and family on earth. You have all touched my life fiercely which is why I couldn't that God any more that it will be YOU all who my daughter will look up to. Thank you all so much for showing myself and Baby Salz some love and for taking time out of your life to be here. I can't wait till she arrives...it will be a great honor and deep pleasure to introduce you to our daughter. 
Mad love, Ash

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could have been there! I'm so excited to meet your baby girl I can't stand it :)

    ReplyDelete