Monday, December 10, 2012

34 weeks



Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: As I write this? 34 weeks, 3 days. 
Total Weight Gain: 22 lbs. Find out my current total this afternoon at my appointment (I will update later today). Getting real close to the once a week apt. schedule. **UPDATE 12/12 - 4lbs. Total as of Monday? 26lbs. Oh and the waddling? I guess I have arthritis of the pelvic bone. Nice, huh?! I am SO done. Positive? My pain and pressure now has a name. 
Maternity Clothes:  More comfy than maternity. Seriously, I am getting pretty sick of dressing like a bum. Even my mom told me last night that I need a new sweatshirt. I guess I wear the same one too often?! Well when you feel 42 weeks pregnant, have a belly as big as a 40 lb medicine ball, AND you don't have any kind of dress code to abide by during the day then....
I am ready to fit in my wardrobe again!
Stretch Marks: Oh you guys...I am so depressed. After 32 weeks of typing the word NO in this section I am afraid I can't do that anymore. I have one red stretch mark on my right side perfectly aligned under my right nipple. I have never been opposed to plastic surgery (feel free to judge away) so one day, if (more like when) I need a slight nip and tuck, I will have the doctor just cut it away. Until then I am off to find a really hot one-piece. AFTER I Isagenix, of course. 
Best Moment this Week: My baby shower - which was the best EVER. I am not going to say too much here because it is the subject of my next blog post...so stay tuned. It was so so sooooo special.   
Miss Anything: Sitting comfortably on the couch...or in the car... 
I tried to curl up for The Dark Knight Rises yesterday afternoon and lasted 23 minutes. For the remaining 2 hours I had to sit at the edge of the couch with two pillows behind my back at a 90 degree angle.The ONLY way my right side (upper back and ribs) doesn't BURN is if I am standing, laying totally flat or am sitting at a 90.
Movement: We are finally at the stage of the pregnancy where I can feel body parts and I LOVE IT! Makes Nick gag. If she isn't practicing on the speed bag she is doing slow motion karate moves. My favorite is when I feel a knee/leg/foot or a bum slowly roll across my belly - protruding, making me look disfigured - then moving right back into place.  
Cravings: Brownies and Arby's mozzarella sticks. Take an 8 1/2 month pregnant woman whose favorite food BEFORE baby was cheese and bread and introduce her to Arby's fried cheese sticks....yeah, OMGGGGGGGGGG! I now want them every day. Side note: usually I am an excellent food sharer even when I beyond love what I am eating. Well, yesterday when Nick asked for one of my sticks I flat out said no. Like, HANDS OFF YOU SNEAKY SNOOK (too much Jake and the Neverland Pirates). And I didn't even think twice about. No guilt here. If you wanted a stick, Nick, you should have ordered some yourself. 
Gender: Sweet, precious baby GIRL!
Name: ???
Labor Signs: An occasional contraction here and there but nothing to freak out over. I was texting my friend last night who is 3 weeks ahead of me. She was planning on taking today off from work to get everything packed and ready to go. While I do have baby's bag packed we would be FAR from ready if my water broke today. Ashley inspired me to GET ON IT! Remember?? I was sobbing when my water broke with Cruz because NOTHING was done. I refuse to have that happen to me this time. BY Christmas (we are celebrating out at Newman) the car seat will be installed, ALL hospital bags will be packed, Cruz's bag will be packed, house will be cleaned, gel mani/pedi will be done, meals cooked and frozen, and Liam's vet registration complete JUST IN CASE. By then I will be 36 1/2 weeks prego! Better be safe than sorry. Plus I want...no NEED an epidural and since we will be 45 minutes away from the hospital out at my parents house, IF something should happen I need to get to the hospital STAT. I am not going to risk a painful delivery on my life...especially since everyone says it will be WAY faster than the first (which was really fast).
Symptoms: I am officially waddling. Like a baby duck that can't walk well. AND I thought I was waddling before...HAAAAAAAAAA. 
I mean the pressure and lower crotch pain is OUT OF THIS WORLD.  
Happy or Moody: Does moody mean severely emotional? Cause if it does, I am MOODYYYY. I cry at everything and can't seem to help it. It is horrible. I can't wait to return back to hormonally balanced Ashley. Hey good news... especially for Nick....when I am not crying, I am pretty happy. Pretty sure it has something to do with seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. 
Wedding Rings - on or off: On.  
Looking Forward to: Celebrating Christ's birth, nesting and waiting. I am so close I can feel it. 

**OMG I only got to snap one more picture pregnant with Cruz before I went into labor. HOPE HOPE HOPE this is the case for baby girl.
***And just for fun, here is a picture comparison for you. 34 weeks with Cruz and then with baby girl. Ohhhh how I wish I was in Mexico...




No comments:

Post a Comment