Friday, March 23, 2012

IT happened

IT totally happened. 

You know the one thing that is BOUND to go wrong before a vacation. One in which you are planning on leaving the kids at home to spend 6 days in paradise with your husband.

It's totally because I didn't knock on wood before hitting the publish post button yesterday afternoon. Dang it. 

When I picked up Cruz from Em yesterday she told me he had only eaten a couple of bites of quesadilla and had woken up from his afternoon nap really warm and REALLY fussy. I took him inside to change his diaper and check his temp. Yep. 101.8. He got a dose of Tylenol and I called the nurse. Considering Lucy and Trey had just suffered from strep, a double ear infection and some crazy virus AND the fact we are scheduled to leave on Monday morning I wanted to be safe. 

Took him in - nothing. No strep, no flu, no ear infection. A virus. Get some rest and see you later. 

4:30am: Cruz waked up SCREAMING and burning hot. Like a fire. It took us 30 minutes, trying many things - including another dose of Tylenol, to get him to calm down enough to lay him back in his crib. 

6:50am: 99.8 - Juice and Dora with Nick, who is the best dad in the history of dads. I went to work. 

8:30am: 102.8 - Highest yet. I called the nurse and Nick gave him another dose of Tylenol. 

9:22am: Still waiting for a call back. 

I hate having a sick child that can't tell you what hurts and what is wrong. It is heartbreaking. Please be praying for Cruz today. I know something is wrong and I just want him to get the relief he needs so he can get back to his happy, joyful self. 

On another note. I am currently on my 11th day of my 11 day Isagenix cleanse. I feel amazing and can 100% notice a difference in my body, how my clothes fit and how I feel. I can't wait to share my results with you tomorrow...after I make it through this last cleanse day!

ANDDDDDDDDD I get to EAT tomorrow. First stop, Starbucks baby. Haven't had one sip of glorious coffee in 12 WHOLE DAYS! Then in the afternoon I have my final date with the Fearsome Foursome as we know it here - in our town. Movie and dinner in CDA. Yesterday I was crying to some sad Christian song on the radio thinking about the gift we got for her and thinking about trying to say goodbye. I get it - she is going to Portland but Portland is not 15 minutes away and it most certainly isn't going to be normal. I am so thrilled for Erin and where God has called her but so sad to say goodbye to my family. 

Pray for me for that too. 

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment