Thursday, March 22, 2012

What is in my beach bag

On Monday we head here. To Maui! 

 

Ahhhhh....
After the last few days of total crap weather - I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to pack up and head south.

This is all thanks to my amazing husband.

Nick has been kicking some serious A at work. Serious A. When you kick that much A, there are some pretty sweet rewards attached. Maui, Hawaii being one of them. Because Data.com is paying for this trip there will be a few work sponsored events we will be required to attend. In fact one whole afternoon will keep Nick indoors for a business meeting. 

Where does that leave me?

Oh it leaves me to the pool. To sun. ALL AFTERNOON. 

Sure I am excited to get away to beautiful weather, experience Maui for the first time with Nick, vacation just the two of us (actually I am 63% excited about that part...thinking about leaving Preshy for a week could make me start sobbing) but I am even MORE excited because I get to see Nick in his element. I get to watch Nick with his co-workers, see him interact with his superiors, and take major joy in the fact that he is great at what he does. 

Whatever. I get to be his little accessory. Bronzed from the Hawaiian sun, beaming with pride. 

So now that I am knee deep in getting the house ready for our departure, packing Liam's bag, Bianca's bag, Cruz's bag, and of course supervising the inner-beings of Nick's bag it is time for me to start thinking about my own freakin' bag.

Besides some Maui appropriate clothing, jewelry, shoes, and other much needed accessories here is what I am thinking MUST go in my beach bag - cause clearly I will have two bags. 


 
1. Lots and LOTS of Banana Boat Deep Tanning Dry Oil. 
I usually bring two kinds. SPF 25 or 30 for day 1 & 2 then SPF 6 or 8 for the remainder of my vacation. While my mother is a Mexicana, my father is a large white man. This means I can get pretty tan in the summer and for that matter, quickly - but I don't keep it. In the winter months my face gets white. Like large white man white. This is why I need two dry oils. One to get me there burn free then another to darken me up warp speed.

Oh and the spray is WAY better than the lotion. No streaks.

ChapStick Fresh Effects, Invigorating Green Tea Mint 
2. ChapStick Fresh Effects.
I have one in the car, one in my kitchen windowsill, one in my makeup bag and one in my bathroom. I'm obsessed because while it "tastes" good it still leaves me with a little shimmer and shine. 

You ALWAYS need kissable lips. 

 

This stuff rocks my world! Not only do I use it when I straighten my hair to add killer body and volume to my roots but I use it when I curl my hair. After my hair is curled and has cooled I just take a dime size amount, rub it together to warm it up then scrunch it through. Better than hairspray. It is also great on wet hair! Makes those amazing beachy tousled waves celebs rock so brilliantly. Oh and a lot goes a long way so that little bottle you see above lasts a long time!

I never leave home without it!
Mossimo® Gold Mens Metal Aviator Sunglasses 
4. My staple - good ol' aviators (preferably cheap - like from Target, gold and men's).
My face shape is round. Real round. Makes it hard to find and then pull off some of the most trendy, current styles. I have found that what flatters my face most is a pair good ol' aves. I like men's aviators better because they tend to be a bit bigger. Women's aves get smaller and skinnier through the lens making me look MORE round. It is awful. Stick to what works. 

Xhilaration® Juniors Assorted Print Tube Swim Cover Up Dress 
5. An EXTRA Swim suit cover up. You never know what could happen to the one you wore down to the pool in the first place. Wet, stained, wrinkled...who knows! Having a spare in the beach bag always gives me the piece of mind to know that should I have to go back to the room, grab food from the pool side restaurant or simply head to the restroom I am covered. And cute.

Mossimo® Front Zipper - Purple 
This baby will be with me at all times. Great place for my room key card, phone, money, ChapStick, lip gloss and whatever else needs a safe home while I am in total vacation disarray!

Gossip Magazines 

7. A BOAT load of gossip mags or a good book. But since I am done with The Hunger Games and Heaven is for Real (which was beyond incredible) I don't have a good book. So I guess a boat load of gossip mags it is. I will pick those puppies up at Walgreens before we leave. At 4 AM!

Well...unless you all have a great book suggestion?

Lastly I would say a great water bottle but I guess the Ritz has coolers of ice cold water near every poolside bar for the taking. That and the fact I will SURLY be sipping on Bahama Mama's and Strawberry Margs at all times. 

Ohhh I can taste it now....

No comments:

Post a Comment