Friday, March 9, 2012

Promise + Un-Delaying the Inevitable

Yo yo yo. It's Friday and I kinda have a lot to blog about. 

Just to give you a snipit...
A lil' LL caucusing and for that matter LL city council, brothers from another mother, sick babies, baby names part 5,653, 10 lb purge, Nick "salesman of the year" Salzwedel, 13 month old Cruz, a mother's calling...ect.
I know. Are you sooooooo curious?

The sick thing is that most of those things are posts already started. Sitting. Waiting to be published. Pics and all but just as I felt in January - I am totally UNINSPIRED. It is depressing. I like re-reading my posts and reacting. The best is when I can walk away and go - now THAT was a good post. Written just like I was talking to one of my Fearsome.
 Is it crazy I do that?

So my promise to you?
I am going to sit down this weekend and next week and FINISH my blog posts. I am going to blog about all of thee above and more. Get excited. 

INNNNNNN the meantime allow me to inspire you this morning because I was inspired. 
All thanks to my guy, NRS

So at night after Cruz goes to bed I usually pick up the house, pack Cruz's daycare bag for Em, pack my bag for the gym (working out with the fab Kelly Haas three days a week) and then either a. watch one of our shows with Nick or b. Nick watches an MMA something and I jump in bed and start a girly movie or some show Nick doesn't like on my ipad - like Grey's Anatomy. Wait. Actually, Nick does like GA. In fact he has seen every episode just like I have. The only difference. He isn't OBSESSED like I am. Remember I am the crazy lady who will watch GA on Lifetime EVERY AFTERNOOOONNN. 

Anywaysssss - Nick sent me an email last night and all he said was, "you'll love this". Well at that time I was too busy watching select Grey's Anatomy episodes (because I am crazy). And only the memorable ones like when Denny dies and when Derek and Meredith get back together the first time and when Derek and Meredith's clinical trial becomes a success and they get back together the second time and my personal fave - when Derek proposes to Meredith in the elevator. 
Seriously cray cray.

Nick came into the bedroom after I had watched and CRIED through each episode and goes, "Um were you seriously just crying? I could hear you sniffle 50 times the past 2 hours".

YES husband. I was SOBBING over Derek and Meredith's love story. Sue me.

Anywayyyyy, I finally read the email this morning. And I WAS DYINGGGGGGGGGGGGG. And fist pumping like the crazy person I am. So here you go. Hope you fist pump this morning too. 

Happy Friday!

UN-DELAYING THE INEVITABLE.


It’s inevitable that life isn’t going to treat you fairly.
It’s inevitable that you’re going to find someone who is better than you are.
It’s inevitable that you’re going to try something and fail miserably.
It’s inevitable that you’re going to love someone and end up getting hurt.
It’s inevitable that some of those you call friends won’t have your back when you need it most.
It’s inevitable that you aren’t going to win every business deal you you go after.
It’s inevitable that you are going to make a mistake and hurt others as a result.
It’s inevitable that just when you think you can’t handle one more thing you’re going to need to.
It’s inevitable that the crowd is going to tell you that you’re doing it all wrong.
It’s inevitable that the once you catch a break you’re going to be labeled “lucky”.
Are you starting to see the pattern?

Success is inevitable.

But along the way it’s emotionally tasking.  It’s gut wrenching.  It’s tough.
Every part of you is screaming out for mercy.  You just want to see the finish line.
To be successful you just have to keep going.
You can try to delay the inevitable by avoiding disaster, living in the shadows, and playing it safe.
But even there it is inevitable that you’ll want more for yourself.
You’ll look around and see that what you thought was the safe choice was really the riskiest one of all.
By refusing to lay it all on the line, you’ve chosen not to live.  Not to pursue your dreams.  To lie down and accept defeat.
And then you’ll wish you hadn’t tried to delay the inevitable.
But there’s a truth about success that has rung true throughout the ages.

To be a winner all you have to give is all you have.

That, my friend, is inevitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment