Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Needing some sexy back

 

For the first 6 months of my pregnancy with Cruz I was so healthy, it was ridiculous. I didn't gain any weight up to that point because I was walking 2-3 miles every day with my sister, eating 3 very healthy meals a day, had cut out snacks altogether and totally cut out Diet Coke and Starbucks (cause too many people told me that caffeine can cause miscarriage and since we had been through that...yeah...forget that).

THENNNNN as I got a little bigger and further along in my pregnancy, I got a little less strict. 

I would get a tall latte at Starbucks. Everyday. 
I would make peanut butter pancakes for my mid afternoon snacks and then invite Lucy over to have some with me to make me feel better about myself.
Fish and chips were my go to food at Red Robin. Screw the pollo salad. 

And the worst? Every two days I would finish a container of reduced fat oreos (that I would eat ALL BY MYSELF) and go to Albertsons for more. Most of my gorging happened at night BUT I do assure you it started in the morning with 5 for breakfast. Along with 1 cup of Special K Red Berries cereal and a large glass of milk. 

At night when Nick would look over and watch me dunk 2, 4, 6...12 oreos in milk he often asked me why. At the time? I could have cared less. I ate whatever I wanted and was really happy doing it. AT. THE. TIME. 

All in all I gained 33 lbs. Gave birth at a whopping 200.1 lbs. Totally two-ton Sally. In fact my goal was not to go over 200. I guess you could say I made it?? One Oreo too many...dang it. 

The hard part was not gaining each and every 33 lb. I did that one Oreo at a time. The hardest part has and is getting each lb OFF and keeping it off!

Over the last year I was able to get to within 15lb of my pre-pregnancy weight. It was only as of November that I really wanted to get serious about sealing the deal and shredding every last lb. So in November, thanks to my dear friend Kelly, who encouraged me and inspired me to meet her at the gym 3 days a week at 6am, I am now within 5lb of my pre-pregnancy weight and it feels so AMAZING! 

SO In an effort to get the last pesky 5 off (hopefully 10!) I am cleansing! Yesterday marked my first day on Isagenix's 11 day cleanse. 

It is going to be intense as my calories are incredibly stricted - and for four days I am not eating at ALL - but also so worth it because the testimonials are incredible. Even personal friends of mine have had great success and look fabulous. Hey - I am not here to look like some runway model...I just need the kick start to get it all off.

Plus if I am really honest - 1. I am in a wedding this summer...along with half of my high school friends INCLUDING my ex so I have to look good. 2. In preparation for baby Salz 2.0 I have to start well in order to end well and to not deliver at 200.1lbs.

Wish me luck friends, this Oreo-loving gal REALLY needs it!

Oh and yesterday I cut off 5 inches of hair. I don't know if it was because I am knee deep in this cleanse or what but I was feeling rather bold. Tattoo and pink hair bold! I LOVEEEEEEE it. Feels much more edgy and sexy.

This mama DEF. needs some sexy back in her life.

*the first two pictures were after the cut. the last one is today - I decided to go curly!

And I think this - along with my cleanse - just might be the start I was looking for!

What do you think?  

2 comments:

  1. Ive said it before and I'll say it again, you have more sex appeal than anyone I know! You were hot before Cruz,
    Hot during pregnancy and you are hot now! I will never forget seeing you the morning after Cruz was born, going on 4 hours of sleep and having just pushed an 8lber out of you know where! You were RADIANT, no other words to describe you!
    So I don't think you need to lose 5lbs! You are the most gorgeous person I know and it's evident by the men who stare, the Starbucks baristas asking if people have said you look like catherine zeta jones, and the daily comments of people saying you resemble Kim k! However I do know the feeling of drab! So I hope you rock your cleanse, and I am obsessed with your new hip do!!!!!! When are you gonna realize you are as sexy as everyone thinks you are???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are stunning! Really, it's the truth! It's not possible for you to look anything but.....I absolutely love it!!

    ReplyDelete