Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A week full of Pepper

Pepper's first week at home has been nothing short of amazing, terrifying, emotional and over all life changing! This week, as I reflect on her birth (and the thousand other things I need to blog about - her name, how Cruz is adjusting ect.), I am so grateful for friends and family. For the generosity  For the love. For the sweet prayers. For time. We are beyond blessed. Plain and simple.

Last night I was staring at Nick. He was standing in the hallway watching me play with Cruz and get him ready for bed. Holding and feeding our baby daughter in boxers and a t-shirt, I stopped. Wanting to freeze the flood of memories I was able to drink in at that moment.

My hot husband - so young. Taking care of our daughter in his way. Still so strange to be a mom of 2. To have a little girl and a little boy (who I love so much it made me cry everyday last week) and to have a husband I adore...I can't believe this is the start to the rest of our life.

Until I get the opportunity to sit down and type out her birth story or share with you how we came up with her name, allow me to share with you - in pictures - her first week home with us.

Day 1. 




Day 2. 








Day 3. 



Day 4. 






Day 5. 


Day 6. 



Day 7. 








Pepper Valentine - 7 days in and you are our star in a dark sky. 

Thank you for completing our family. 

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, this put tears in my eyes. She is beautiful. Congrats to you and your family.
    Jackie (Thompson) Green

    ReplyDelete