Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Par-TAYYY!

Goodness. I have a 1 yr. old. 
How crazy is that?! 

It feels like yesterday we were loading newborn Cruz into our car, heading to Walgreen's pharmacy to pick up a few prescriptions then stopping at Great Harvest for a fresh loaf of bread. While Nick ran in my mom and I cried in the parking lot staring at this child Nick and I created. It was at that very moment, as tears fell from my eyes, I believed in rainbows. Rainbows do in fact appear after a big storm

Our life this past year has seen every emotion in the big book of emotions. Even in the midst of frustration, sleepless nights, sickness, I-don't-know-what-I'm-doings (a BUNCH of those) - one look at my Gorgey's face and it's all worth it. 

SOOOOOOO to celebrate the fact we BOTH made it, we partied!

It was an amazing day - a day in which we allowed our Preshy whatever he so desired (which basically means we gave into his very favorites and did things totally out of order...)

1. We slept in. Until 8am!! 
That is extra amazing considering he went to bed at 6pm on Saturday night! Now don't get any ideas...he usually has a 2 hour afternoon nap and goes to bed at 7pm. It so happened on Saturday that he took an extra long morning nap and totally missed his afternoon nap altogether. 

2. Because we needed to run morning errands we loaded up - jammies and all - and headed to Starbucks!
Latte and Mocha for Nick and I and a BIRTHDAY cake pop for our birthday boy! For breakfast!!!
He was in heaven!





3. After grabbing party groceries, balloons, extra table cloths and flowers - we headed home. 
I filled up my Preshy with peanut butter pancakes, peaches and apple juice until he couldn't take it anymore then put him to bed.

4. Nick and I cleaned!

Ohhh but wait....about an hour in I walk down the hall to find this pretty little sight. 
Yeah....Liam and Bianca are little traitors!


5. Our birthday boy awakes!
 He jumps in the bath, takes a birthday poo in the bath, gets out of the bath, gets back into the bath (once it's been cleaned) and gets dressed in his party clothes.


Happy boy!

6. Happy hour commences! 















...and it was absolutely perfect!

You have no idea - or maybe you do (I hope you do) - how it feels to be 100% supported.
Before Cruz was born I prayed that we would always have people in our lives willing to be a strong role-model for Cruz. To show him how to love Jesus, how to love each other, how to be kind, generous - giving of time and money to those who need it, how to be thankful...

We have those people.
I can't wait to look back on this day and show Cruz just how much he was loved by so many.

To everyone who showed Cruz some birthday love...even in the smallest of ways - thank you!
For those who took time out of their Sunday to help us celebrate our JOY - thank you!

We can't wait to re-pay the love when its YOUR turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment