Thursday, September 13, 2012

Nursery Talk

At 6 weeks pregnant I went to Seattle for a bachelorette party. There were 7 of us little hot thangs (I use hot thangs because it makes me feel better about myself. Let's be honest, at 6 weeks pregnant you feel the total opposite of hot) - 3 of which were pregnant. So instead of wine tasting and penis straws we went to Ikea.

Clearly my overwhelming desire for girl had me by the balls (yikes. two genitalia references already? Nick, you are rubbing off on me) because what was I thinking about the WHOLE time I was there?

 What can I get for the nursery?!

And of course the nursery I designed and purchased things for while there was all baby girl. Woah...maybe I do have some mother's intuition after all?! My initial plan was black, white, gold and eggplant. I bought this amazing black and white striped blanket for the crib and this TO DIEEEEEEEEEEEE for large scale black and white printed fabric - to use as huge fabric panels behind her glossy purple crib.

SARALISA Fabric IKEA Comes in a choice of patterns.
[via here]

My life motto should be something to the effect about finding the next best, most fab thing and changing my mind (except for husbands - I am obsessed with mine and never want a new one) because what did I stumble across while blog surfing? Oh only the most amazing nursery every. BAM. Mind changed and Sayonara fab black and white fabric panels. 

Here is the newest (and very permanent) inspiration photo that made me weak in the knees. 


Some more eye candy...

Ruby-room-4

Ruby-room-9

[via here]

Oh Joy's nursery for daughter Ruby (AMAZING baby name too ps)!!!

Clearly my mother mis-named me when I was born. Ashley Ann should really have been Ashley sparkle-glitter-over-the-top-shower-me-with-gold-diamonds-jewels-OMG (in capitals) Westerberg. So while this nursery gave me a really great starting off point I knew I could and WOULD push it to OMG levels of fab-ness. 

Starting off with.....................

A metallic gold CRIB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean come on. Any daughter of mine...especially with the name PVS...needs to sleep surrounded by gold! 

A HUGE thank you to my friend Keri - also expecting (which can I just tell you how much fun it is to go through pregnancy with a friend?!) - who was also searching for a Jenny Lind style crib for her surprise addition. She got lucky, found one via Craigslist and then passed another listing onto me. A white Delta Jenny Lind crib complete with sheets and mattress for $30 bucks. The only problem was that it was an hour and a half away from me. 

I called the lady anyway - who could NOT have been nicer - told her about my interest, where I was located and that I was willing to drive over the next afternoon to pick it up (I figured 30 bucks was worth the gas). THANK YOU JESUS cause the next sentence out of her mouth was, "Oh honey. Why don't I drive it in for you. I can meet you in Post Falls (which is 10 minutes away) if you would like?!"

UHHHHHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSS, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee.

So that's that. I picked it up in some hospital parking lot the next afternoon and off we went to parade the thing to Nick.



4 cans of metallic gold Rustoleum and 2 I'll-never-huff-spray-paint-intentionally-to-get-high-because-sitting-there-watching-made-my-stomach-hurt-from-the-fumes hours later and....



(these after pics are totally un-instagramed. real life baby!)

Money.
Pot o' gold.
Pure Sunshine.
Royalty

I could go on and on...

 I LOVE every square inch of it!!!!!!!!! Like totally and utterly obsessed. 

I will keep you updated as we get paint and metallic gold polka dots up on the walls, furniture moved in, accessories picked and fabric ordered for the bedding. My thought is to pair my metallic gold visions with blush pink, burnt orange and a deep dark plum. Perhaps some minty green or sky blue thrown in the mix too. We will see. 

Ps: I ordered my car seat cover and boppy cover. Etsy is amazing btw. I do a search every night trying to find more things to have custom made...poor bank account. 

Boppy cover:

Alexander Henry Anastasia in Red - 1 Yard

[via here]

Car seat cover:


I scored this little Alexander Henry beaut at Joanne Fabrics ON CLEARANCE!

What do you think of the fabric?

SOO FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Love the gold crib, this is on my baby to-do list for sure! Can you tell me how is the paint holding up? Did you use any poly once it was painted gold? Thanks, I would appreciate any suggestions!

    ReplyDelete