Thursday, December 22, 2011

Leave it to Grey's Anatomy to teach you something

I am obsessed with Grey's Anatomy.

Did you know that Lifetime airs two episodes a day - one at 2 pm and one at 3 pm? When I was pregnant and working from home I didn't miss one episode. Nick would always tease me and say that all I did all day was watch America's Next Top Model marathons on Oxygen and Grey's Anatomy.

I have seen every episode of all 7 and 1/2 seasons.

In the midst all of the immorality (and there is a LOT) it still has the ability to teach me something believe it or not.

Today, during Cruz's nap, I watched episode 13 of season 6 - Valentine's Day Massacre. It is about a restaurant roof top collapse that brings in a love triangle. The waiter is in love with Mrs. Banks who has been coming to the restaurant for a thousand years. She initially kept coming because of him but he never said anything and then she met Bob (Mr. Banks) - who became her husband. They kept going back because it became Bob's favorite restaurant. The waiter assumed that because Bob ordered for his wife and they sat in silence as time went on she was miserable and unhappy.

After the restaurant roof top collapse both her husband and the waiter head into surgery.

As she is talking to Meredith awaiting the news of the men she loves, she tells her everything is true...

Bob does order for her because he knows what she likes. They do sit in silence because sometimes it is nice not to have to talk.

THEN she pulls out a HAIL MARY and teaches me something.

"15 years ago I made a choice and I keep making it everyday. That's what marriage is."

Thank you Grey's Anatomy for being my loyal friend every afternoon. And for bringing me Derek Shepard oh and for teaching me a little something about marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment