Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Why I love Cruz's daycare

First of all, I am FORTUNATE enough that Daycare for Cruz is at his Auntie's house.

When I went back to work Emily offered to watch Cruz for me. He was only 3ish months old. The only problem with that scenario is that she also had a 21 month old and a 5 month old - as Trey is only 11 weeks older than his dear cousin. It was a little too much.

When Cruz was 5 months old, he started going to Jasmine's house - an amazing solution! She is a rock star who not only helped Preshy's flat head round out but she played with him, loved him and was right there along side me when Cruz experienced a lot of firsts - solid food, sitting up, rolling, cutting teeth  army crawling and the dreaded first cold.

Oh yeah, she did all of this pregnant with her first baby. 

So November came and with Jasmine getting ready to be a first time mom, it was time to find another place for Preshy to be. 

Emily raised her hand and asked me to allow her to try again. Duh!!!!!
 I would rather have Cruz be with family every day so naturally I said thank you a million times and that was that. 

I love Cruz's daycare because...

1. I know Emily loves him.
2. He gets to play with the best toys ever. I need to step up my game in the toy dept.
3. He gets attention.
4. He gets good food. 
5. He LOVES going. As soon as Nick unbuckles him he crawls down the entry hallway and doesn't look back.
6. He feels safe.
7. He is going to learn how to stand up for himself. Trey kinda likes to jump on his back and ride him like a pony. Not all the time though - yesterday in the car on our way to Trader Joes, he did hold his hand. 
8. He gets to see and play with his cousins EVERYDAY!



I can't even stand it - they are going to be the best of friends!

Em and I always say we are so glad for each other because we aren't that close with any of our cousins. It certainly doesn't help that we live far away but still - we don't get to have those memories.

These two do...and Lucy!!


Each morning Lucy comes and greets Nick and Cruz at the door.
The other day Nick called me right after he dropped him off and goes, "The cutest thing just happened. I opened the door and Lucy came running. She bends down in front of Cruz's car seat while I am unbuckling him to let him play and goes, I love you Cruz." 

Then he told me that as he was leaving he said, I love you buddy to Cruz and Lucy turns around and says, I love you buddy to Nick. 

I am so thankful for Emily, Lucy and Trey - that they would be able to bring Cruz in and love him simply as another member of the family. 

There isn't a better feeling in the world to know that while you are away your baby is in the best possible care out there. 

And I do have the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment