Monday, December 5, 2011

Sweet Moment

Every day Nick comes home from work and asks me how my afternoon was. 

Some days I tell him it was a good day. Some DAYS. 

Lately, however, I feel like a broken record when asked that question...Cruz didn't nap, Cruz was fussy, Liam was a disaster - kicked Cruz in the cheek, stepped on his hand, ran away, licked my dinner to the point of a big lick mark on two of my ham and cheese sliders, drug poo in the house, woke up the baby by barking LOUDLY at the elementary school kid riding home on his scooter in front of our house , Bianca barfed everywhere...

It is days like those where I don't feel cut out to be a part time stay at home mom.

Today was one of the first afternoons that thoughts of going back to work full time didn't creep in at all. 

We had the best afternoon!

We napped.
We played - played hide and seek, read books, built foam block towers, knocked down foam block towers, played fetch with Bianca, ran from Liam, emptied out two baby wipe containers and spent 10 minutes spinning Liam's dog bowl (who knew that could be a WAY fun toy?!?!?!).
We went to Starbucks for cake pops (Cruz's favorite treat - now when he sees the pink cake ball on a stick he starts whining and waving his arms and legs just like he does when he sees his before bedtime bottle) and a tall latte.
We went to the grocery store.
We watched a little Dora while making dinner.
We had dinner.
We took a bath.
We played with dad.

He was so fun!

I know I say it a lot but I love each stage more and more. It is particularly fun now because he reacts to me. He will come to me to be picked up, he will snuggle me after his afternoon nap, he will follow me into different rooms of our house, he will smile and look over at me when I call him Preshy, he is starting to understand give me a kissssssss (I only say that 1,000 times a day)... 

I know he knows who I am and he loves me. I haven't felt confident in that until now. 

****

It's 7pm. Cruz's normal bed time. I was unclogging the vacuum cleaner and Cruz was riding on dad's shoulders. He let out the longest, sweetest yawn and laid his head on Nick's head. I looked over at my angel baby's tired face, the one I can spot a mile away from the red bags that form under his droopy sad eyes and grab my camera. 





It was the sweetest moment!

One I never want to forget. 

One that makes me excited to wake up tomorrow and do it all over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment