Thursday, December 1, 2011

Here's to a wild December!

I can't believe it is December 1st! 
Wasn't it January 29th like two seconds ago? 
Now I have a 10 month old and more around the corner than I even know how to handle.

It is actually kinda exciting!

Here is a look at my WILD December!

{Via here}

December 1st: For the past two years, I have looked forward to December 1st. 25 days till we get to celebrate the birth of Jesus with family, friends and food (my favorite part); the true start to the Christmas season (not mine though...remember? Mine is November 1st!) and most importantly the day I get to read the cards Nick has been writing to and about me from the thankful jar!!! I say I am excited but Nick is too. Yesterday, due to the Thanksgiving holiday we had to catch up and write 5 cards. Nick really wanted to quit and read what was already in there last night. FORGET THAT! I made him write 5 more cards...my love language is gifts so 5 more hand written notes from my love is like an extra slice of heaven. 

December 3rd: I have said it before but I will say it again, my dream table is something I have grown to love. Love like how I love HBK, George W. Bush, cupcakes, the entire GOP, Meaningful Beauty and Starbucks. They are the most beautiful, most amazing, most encouraging, most real group of women I have had the privilege of getting to share my life with in the most intimate of ways..anytime you talk about the inner workings of your marriage along with your relationship with Jesus can be scary. They don't judge me, keep me accountable, push me and make me think in ways I haven't in a while. 

While we meet every two weeks, just the 6 of us, December 3rd will be the first time we meet with the amazing spouses we have all "gotten to know" through the table in tow.

The day will start with a little marshmallow vodka hot chocolate from Starbucks (hey who says we can't have a little fun?!?!) then with the kiddos along, we will trek through some forest to cut down fresh Christmas trees! We totally believe in fake trees in our house but maybe that's because I don't remember ever having a real one in our house growing up. It was all about beauty and convenience....I tell you what, I am more like Yolanda Westerberg every day.

This year in an effort to start new traditions with Cruz, we are pumped for real tree cutting! The plan is to cut down a baby tree to put in our kitchen or in Cruz's room with pictures to prove it all went down! 

After tree cutting, we are going to head back to the Smith's (sans kids) and have a big dream table dinner! Can't wait. 

December 5th: Have you been wondering where we are at with our grand house plans? Well I can officially tell you that the contract has been signed, sealed and delivered. We have chosen who we think will be a brilliant young architect, perfectly suited to our style and way of doing business (which is basically do what we ask quickly unless you have a better idea - just to give you an example every house we have purchased we found, took to our Realtor and said we want it), to help us draw up plans and design the interior and exterior remodel of our house. 

Well...Ryan from RND Architects starts the 5th!

After our first meeting, we were so pumped up (Nick was pacing the kitchen, seriously) we couldn't stop talking about it for hours. This is so our thing...seeing our ideas and visions on paper so that all we need to do once the back lot has been purchased and this initial process has been completed is give our "paper house" to the subs (Nick will work as our general contractor) and dreams? Meet reality.

December 9-10th: Christmas Parties! Nick's Christmas party at the Davenport is on the 9th and the Westerberg & Associates Christmas party is on the 10th. Unfortunately Nick will be in Boise watching UFC 140: Jones v. Machida on the 10th which means the babysitter I secured won't mean 'hot date' as planned but I am very happy Nick gets to have a weekend doing and being with people he loves.

December 22-31st: Christmas celebrations! We will have Christmas out at Newman with my folks and head to Portland the day after to spend to quality time with Grandma Leal and the rest of my mom's family. I love my Grandma Leal more than anything so spending time with her, while ruining Cruz's set schedule, driving in a car with lots of kids for 8 hours and being away from home sweet home, is 150% worth it.

December 29th: Cruz, 11 months old?! Seriously?? 11 months old...wow. As much as I want the walking, talking Cruz, I don't know if I am quite ready to give up my baby...oh who am I kidding, he grew from a baby to a little man boy a long time ago!


*Yesterday's bath

Time to plan my Preshy's first birthday...

I have this feeling that 2012 is going to be a year to remember for the Salzwedel house hold! 

Can't wait!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment