Thursday, December 22, 2011

Someone hold me back

Can you believe someone this nice and cute.....


...could be capable serious destruction?

Well believe this.

THIS is what I walked in to find yesterday afternoon.


I hope you gasped out loud because I did. And very quietly I might add because I had a sleeping baby in my arms. Let's just say I AM GLAD Cruz was sound asleep or I would have LOST IT.

Here it is from another angle.


That's right. 

Let us do some quick inventory of the damage. 

*1 large back cushion - destroyed beyond repair
*1 medium back cushion - destroyed beyond repair
*1 couch pillow - SAVED...by the GRACE of GOD.
*1 ruined (toe ripped open) Steve Madden shoe (Nick)
*1 almost ruined (huge teeth marks in the heel) Steve Madden shoe (Nick) 
*Multiple toys and books bitten to ruin (Cruz)

After I put Cruz down, I spank Liam as hard as I can (which 100% hurt me more than it hurt him) and throw him outside in the 29 degree weather to THINK ABOUT his actions. Then I walk back in and immediately try and find his muzzle. This sounded better than trying to figure out where to start with the large mess on my hands.

Either A: He became super dog and someone how ripped it off or B: Nick forgot to put it on him on his way out the door. 

Riiinnnng, Riiiinnngggggg...
Caller?

B

Ohhhhhh B it is. His muzzle is right where I left it on Tuesday afternoon when I took it off. 

Within 3 minutes of texting Nick the pictures you see above I get a VERY apologetic phone call. He forgot and I was at the gym that morning and couldn't help remind him. 

I couldn't be that mad...it WAS his shoes Liam ruined. 

Anyyywayyyyy. It took me 15 minutes to bag up all of that dang fluff and another 10 to clean up the rest of the mess. Hey, at least it was not as bad as this time....


I honestly thought someone ransacked our house. 

Oh can I just tell you that before we left that bed WAS MADE???? Fitted sheet and all. The image that haunted my dreams the next two weeks after the incident? Liam bucking bronco-ing all over my BED!
See all that white stuff? Oh no biggie - only Cruz's wet diapers RIPPED to shreds all over the room. Do you know what happens to the diaper filling when it gets wet? Yeah...all.over.the.wood.floor. Impossible to sweep.

Someone tell me why I love this dog???

It is because these two do.








Ohhhhhh the things we do for the animals we love. 
(ie. LET THEM STAY A PART OF THE FAMILY EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE REALLY BAD...sometimes.)

2 comments:

  1. oh this makes me feel SO much better about the damage Ellie has done!!!!

    and a muzzle, why didnt WE think of that - could have saved us THOUSANDS in vet bills!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me smile! gotta love troublesome dogs... They teach us a lot about the word "unconditional" I think :)

    ReplyDelete