Thursday, January 26, 2012

Exterior plans

A few days ago I showed you the interior plans of our big upcoming remodel. 

Late last night we received VERY preliminary exterior plans - the first of, I'm sure, many to come. 

I have been DYYYING to share them with you but first allow me to remind you what the house looks like now. 


Right? So pink and nothing special nor unique. 

Here is the initial set of exterior plans from Ryan:












Quite the difference huh?!

A few things. 

1. I LOVE the back. I think it will look amazing - the glass door panels, the metal roof pergola, the stone columns, the stamped concrete floor....

2. I don't so much love the front. I think it is too "track home-ish". Do not get me wrong, I LOVE Greenstone Homes (we still OWN one, in fact) but I think you could march right on over to Rocky Hill or River District and find some version of this home there.  I can't blame Ryan...I finally gave him the link to our inspiration board yesterday after he had already finished the drawings but we have to do some work. 

Here is what needs to change:
  • The pergolas over the front door and garage door - both need to go. Definitely want to see if we can fit double doors. All glass.
  • I can't stand the half rock wall - needs to go. Maybe a whole wall of stone instead?
  • I don't like the siding either - needs to go. Faux stucco?
  • Oh and we did extend that front kitchen window one foot so imagine an 8ft. x 4ft window as opposed to what you see now - 7x4.
The only problem is I don't know WHAT I want based on my inspiration pictures....the house shape is as it as - something I can't change.

Exterior inspiration

LOVE.

super high gloss black front door.

Black Doorssss...gorge!

Double Doors with screens

Crazy amazing.

entry

 entry!

{all via Pinterest}

I can tell you this. I want something unique. I want something that CLASSICALLY stands out. I want people to notice our house as they drive down Molter. 

Lastly, I want something that matches the hard work we have put into designing the inside...something I know we can accomplish. I just don't know how. I guess that is why we hired Ryan. To help us figure it out. 

We meet with him on Tuesday night to go over our ideas, inspiration photos and to keep the project moving forward. 

Can't wait to see round 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment