Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pink polo, pink polo, wherefore art thou pink polo

Help! 
I need a pink polo for Cruz's 1 year old pictures!

Yes, you guessed it. The MOST TALENTED Sarah Graczyk of G Photography by Sarah will be taking Cruz's 1 year old pictures in 2 weeks- I know...a bit excessive?? 
It is the last installment of my personal Cruz shrine (newborn, hospital, 6mo, 9mo mini session)...well that is until his sibling comes around....

I LOVE to dress my son. He has quite the wardrobe...kinda embarrassing but so fun. I'd even sacrifice a trip to Nordy Rack to pick up an amazing ensemble from babygap.com. Sale OF COURSE.

Nick is always telling Cruz how he dresses better than him, how he wants his polo or how his jeans look killer on him. This is a large compliment (to me) due to the fact my husby has quite the fashion sense. 

Anyway dressing Cruz for his photos takes a lot of thought. A lot of internal visualization. A lot of inspiration and a lot of follow through. It is, CLEARLY, something we will have forever and ever. Cruz may not appreciate the effort I have put into capturing his every waking moment this past year but I guarantee his mama, his mimi, future wife and future children sure will.  



Since we have done indoors, a beach theme and a woods/grassy field theme I figure it is time do something a bit more industrial. Like maybe graffiti - painted old building - downtown Spokane. I know, I know...not very 1 year old appropriate but I am sorry. TTTTTotally over balloons and parks. I want something unique for my unique boy.

Here is the thought. 
Royal blue skinny jeans. Ordered from Zara.com. Check.
Some sort of amazing brown or grey high tops. 
Like these:

Or maybe these:
But since we are doing them outside I need a great top - maybe two to go with the skinnys. The first option needs to be a pink polo. I am thinking about either layering it on top of a striped under shirt like this:

Boys' piqué polo

Polo from J Crew/Striped shirt from Baby Gap

OR layering it underneath a button up like the blue OR (possibly better - Grey):


Button-ups from Baby Gap

Second option is most likely an AMAZING red sweater Mimi picked up. DIE!!!!!!!!!! On sale too..even better!

Anyway....the big problem is that the J Crew polo you see above is a 2T. It is the smallest they go. 
I need a 12-18 or 18-24 depending on size chart. Cruz weighs 26.5 lbs.

Maybe I just order the J Crew polo and shrink it?

Pink polo, pink polo, wherefore art thou pink polo?????????????????????????????
Can someone please HELP ME??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!

My lustful heart (for pink polos, duh!) thanks you in advance. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley, I'm getting excited for Cruz's 1st birthday:). I found some pink polo shirts for babies on www.ralphlauren.com
    for example this one in harbor pink:

    http://m.ralphlauren.com/?p=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5yYWxwaGxhdXJlbi5jb20vcHJvZHVjdC9pbmRleC5qc3A/cHJvZHVjdElkPTEyMTk1ODg0

    Hope it helps:)
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are AMAZING!! Thank you so much- I'm going to check it out now!!!

    ReplyDelete