Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year


New Year's Eve was the first NYE in a while we actually stayed up past midnight. Even last year, in Mexico, we ditched the beach party and went to bed at 10:30! 

We were in bed after a great night with my sister and Grayling (which also included a brief visit down the street to Kelly and Jeremy's house -LOVE them). Nick was watching Lost on my iPad (the one he TOTALLY surprised me with for Christmas) and I was inches from reaching the promised sleep-land. 
You know. 
Scarfy around my face, heated mattress pad set to level 2 and wrapped in my jersey knit comforter all mummy like when I hear a - Happy New Year - being whispered next to me. My sweet husband reached over, gave me a kiss, then finished watching Lost while I finally get to doze off a happy girl.

New Years Day on the other hand wasn't so happy. It was awful. I spent the day with the flu. The intense kind that leaves you dry heaving on the bathroom floor, sobbing and wishing it away. But then as fast as it comes, it goes. 

Thank goodness for a healthy husband who spent the whole day playing mom, nurse and housekeeper - all in one. Entertaining our child by ripping out dry wall in our basement which BTW made Cruz laugh the hardest I have ever heard EVER, taking a field trip to Taco Bell for lunch, making sure Cruz was bathed, bottled and rocked to sleep AND rubbing his wife's back as she was sobbing and dry heaving over the toilet made him a candidate for husband of the year. 


Cruz also got his 4th haircut! Man - Nick sure know how to do one killer fade.What a beautiful boy.

For 2012 I have a very different set of resolutions than I did in years past. I think it is because I am a mother now and along with Nick, I am responsible for Cruz. In every way. A very overwhelming responsibility. 

While I typically think NYR are crap (because who honestly keeps theirs??), I believe so deeply in mine that I need the accountability from my husband, mother, sister, best friends, dream table and friends so that I can look back on January 1, 2013 and see answered prayer, blessed friendships, deeper intimacy with my husband and an unwavering trust and faith in my Savior.

May this year be one of priority - my relationship with God first and foremost (also because only that will make me a better mother, wife and friend), my marriage, my friendships. I want to make people feel important, special, worthy. I want to find joy in the small moment of motherhood and cherish this special time I have with my son. I want to be a submissive wife and allow Nick to grow in leadership over our family. I want to be able to recognize when I am being pulled in by the world and look to God to pull me back out. Most of all I want to relinquish control of this life and live in the direction/guidance/abundant blessings He has to give.

Pinned Image
{Via Pinterest}
Happy New Year loves.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment