Monday, November 26, 2012

32 weeks


**Excuse my very casual attire. I have a cold and it was late. BUT it should be known that the blue and yellow was intentional and just for you, Mesha Campbell Kendrick! 
"delta delta delta tri, delta tri till I die...."

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: As I write this? 32 weeks, 3 days. 
Total Weight Gain: 21+ - I find out the official number this afternoon at my apt. Totally anticipating reaching the two ton Sally mark. **Updated 11/29 - I gained ONE POUND. Making my total weight gain at 32 weeks, 3 days, 22 lbs. I screeched when I saw the number then made Anita, Dr. Brown's assistant, confirm. What I didn't tell you guys when I wrote this post originally was that the day before for dinner I had a McDonald's fry and a diet coke. The day before that I had a peanut buster parfait from DQ. Is my excitement radiating through the computer screen??
Maternity Clothes: Yes. Definitely at the point where my belly leads ME. I ran it into Nick in the kitchen last night - feeling like a 35 pound medicine ball is stuffed under my shirt and I can't seem to get a handle on it. Oh and two people this weekend made comments about me looking heavier, stuffed, big. Really awesome for a girl's self esteem. 
Stretch Marks: No!
Best Moment this Week: My maternity shoot was fantastic and AS ALWAYS nerves went straight away as soon as I stepped out of my rig. I am sure most, if not all of you, saw the two preview shots Sarah posted on Facebook...she is pretty incredible. Two side notes - A. I didn't just do naked pics. I did have two other outfits I tried to rock. B. Maybe it is because my husband doesn't understand why I would want naked pictures of myself (remember...he is so private and soooooo conservative it's not even funny) but I feel the need to say out loud: I am not self-obsessed. I would be uncomfortable with photos of myself (with very little on) around the house for everyone to see. I most def have body issues and I would NEVER take those type of pictures NOT pregnant...I know, even though I want to be a nudist. Go figure. 
Bottom line? I am really proud of what Sarah and I accomplished. Maybe it's because this baby is a girl and I want to be an example of how to exude confidence (especially when your past could and should have robbed it ALL from you) or that it is our last pregnancy but I CAN'T WAIT to frame them and hang them in all our our special, private places. 
Miss Anything: It happened with Cruz the last 4 weeks - where I can't do anything but sit totally straight or lay down flat. If I sit slouched even just a TINY bit, my back and right under my boobs burn like the ring of fire Johnny Cash sings about. The good news is it all ended the SECOND Cruz was born. I am hoping the same with baby girl.
Movement: All the time. She is a lot lower than Cruz was so instead of getting rib shots I am getting shots to what feels like my ovaries and vagina. 
Cravings: Crazy, I know, but honestly no big cravings these last two weeks. I still have to have my coffee and fountain diet coke every day but that's all she wrote folks. 
Gender: Girl!
Name: This weekend...this weekend...I don't know what to say about it except for the fact that Nick and I were so disappointed. It is probably not the best idea to ask me about a name. Right now. 
Labor Signs: No although I will say I had BAD contractions on Saturday. From 11:30-12:30 they were 2-4 minutes apart. Thought for two seconds it was go time. Scared the crap out of me SO I spent all day Sunday washing blankets and packing her hospital bag. 
Symptoms: Any you can think of, I have.
Happy or Moody:  Mostly moody. Doesn't help that I am sick. 
Wedding Rings - on or off: On.
Looking Forward to: My baby shower! It is coming up weekend after next and is being so generously, lovingly thrown by my sis and dear friend Kelly. I am so so SO blessed with amazing women in my life that love me and this baby girl so much. Bring on the bows and bangles!

Up next: NURSERY!

2 comments:

  1. AHHH - I got a shout out!!!! HAHAHA!!!! I love that you wore BLUE AND YELLOW to remember Founders Day. YES - I know why you were wearing it ASHLEY!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look amazing Ashley...I was thinking when I saw you, "if I could look that slim/gorgeous pregnant I'd do it another 3 times!" Andddd sorry we asked about the name!!!!! Whether her name is Bertha or Gertrude, she is gonna be beautiful and yours and she is gonna rock it!

    ReplyDelete