Monday, April 9, 2012

He is risen

Easter this year was so great. And longer than it has been in the past. 

It started Saturday night. 

We went to church at Valley Real Life at 5:30pm - right after celebrating the first birthday of my best friend's daughter Addy Jo. What a great party and such a milestone. I am really REALLY crossing my fingers for a Fowler/Salzwedel romance. Addy is 10 weeks older than Cruz...seriously...Jo and I have been BFF since we were 8...I say it is meant to be!

Here is their first meeting. 

Addy, 1 week. Cruz, 11 weeks

And at Cruz's first birthday....


Okay, Okay. I'm moving on. 

After church we all went to the dirty bird for some late night, Easter eve grub. 
The kids were rock stars considering we didn't get our food until 7:30pm. 
We didn't have any major melt downs.



Easter day wasn't nearly as rushed thanks to Easter eve service. 

We were able to take our time getting up, getting ourselves ready, getting the house ready. Yes, we totally hosted! First holiday host. And it was exciting.

Egg hunt, Easter baskets and an AMAZINGGGGGGG linner (lunch+dinner).
It was a really great day. 







Easter is so much more than candy, spring outfits, Easter bunnies and baskets.

It is a celebration - a yearly reminder of Christ's resurrection. It is a promise. That no matter my crappy-hood  (and I have A LOT of it) I will be reunited with as opposed to being separated from Him for all eternity.

The moment he did what he said he was going to do it was as if he stood up and said - All of her ugly sin, I take it all. Her debt is paid for. 

I am thankful for my blessings. I am thankful for a God who loves me so much that he would send his only son to die for me.  I am thankful for Easter.

He is risen...He is risen INDEED.

I have swept away your sins like a cloud. I have scattered your offenses like the morning mist. Oh, return to Me, for I have paid the price to set you free
Isaiah 44:22

{Thanks Heather!}

No comments:

Post a Comment