Monday, April 23, 2012

What do the people of Rexburg, Idaho name their babies?

Ohhhhhhhhhh boy. This is too good NOT to share. 

Before I get into the goods, did you hear that Giuliana and Bill Rancic are expecting a baby?!?!?! Via gestational surrogate. 


I mean comeeeeeeeee onnnn...they are GLOWING! I love them ps. 

I found out this afternoon in the middle of a play date courtesy of people.com. I gasped so loud when I read that I immediately exclaimed the news in the middle of enticing mommy convo like it was my own. 

It's no secret they have struggled with infertility, failed IVF attempts and miscarriage. Having experienced a miscarriage myself, I could FEEL their joy. I did myself one worse and watched this little snipit - when they heard the news. I sobbed like a little baby. It was horrible and happy all at the same time. 

Oh and rumor on the street is that Megan Fox and Bryan Austin Green are expecting. Add them to Drew Barrymore and her unknown fiance' and we will have loads of new celeb babies to talk about this fall!

Anyway, back to Rexburg. 

Blog surfing brought me to this blog.

Each year she releases the HORRIFIC names that come from Madison Memorial Hospital in Rexburg, Idaho. 

Did you know that Idaho and Utah are notoriously known for bad baby naming?

I have never laughed so hard. I half love the original, unique, stripper-ness of it all - you know I LOVE me some stripper names. Like, seriously. Bring it on Trixie, Lola, Dolly, Roxy, Velvet Ice and Cherry Kiss - and half HATE the horrid-ness of it all. And there is a lot. 

Case in point, the 2011 list:

Up first, as always, is the Mix-N-Match category. Choose a first syllable that suits your fancy and pair it with an incompatible second syllable! It keeps people guessing! Everyone will admire your ability to string together random sounds!

Rhyelle
Taylee
Brenley
Lynlee
Braedyn
Raylee
Ryken
Maeleigh
and THREE babies named Brynlie (same exact spelling)

Next, the Sound-it-Outs. Do these resemble real names (or cities) phonetically? You'll have to sound-it-out, and sometimes bend pronunciation rules, to see!

Aydyn
Izibele
Lyncoln
Ayva
Gavyn
Gracee
Londynn
Maddilyn
Wiliam
Lynzee
Arryana
Ella Jaculyn (Jack-ewe-lynn?)

Invasion of the Ks (continued from last year):
Kellen
Kaimen
Kasten
Kayson/Kasyn/Kasen
Kayrie
Kenadee
Kimbree
Kaydee
Khloe LoAnn

Her mom's a 'Bachelor' fan!
Tenley/Tenely (yep, two)

Hopefully just a typo:
Sebastain

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose:
Riggins (middle name Klyde)

HEE-HAW!!!!!!!!!!11
Brayah

Aaaaaaaand, the "What the EFF??????s"
KeiseLyn
Tytan
Reggie Tayzlie
Zavan
Acelyn
Skylee
Auree
Razdyn
Jenikka
Paizli
Loey
Jerrick
Arkadian
Blyss (AGAIN!! There was a Blyss last year! People really ARE looking for name ideas in this thing!!!)

And let's have a moment of silence for the little baby boy named Boen. BOEN!

(Do you suppose it's pronounced 'Bowen'? Do you think kids on the playground, and in college, and by the water cooler will actually pronounce it that way?)

Was that not amazing? 

Did you actually like any of the names?

For the 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 list visit Jessie's blog.


Good night. 

1 comment:

  1. Amazing, amazing. I laughed so hard. Especially "Riggins" because I was just at my doctor's office earlier today and looking at the big board of baby announcements... and there was a Baby Riggins on there! Maybe it's the next big thing?!

    ReplyDelete