Friday, April 6, 2012

It's been awhile.

Holy moly. 


It has been a thrilling, sad, fantastic, romantic, sunny, snowy....verrrrrrry interesting two weeks. 


I will be back in action on Monday but until then I have a few things for you. 

1. Cleanse Results
The Saturday before we left for Hawaii, I did my final weigh and measure after my 11 day cleanse. I was thrilled when I found out I lost 7.4lbs and 18.25 inches all over, 5 of which came from my waist. I dropped two pant sizes and most importantly I feel amazing! I can't wait to continue the shakes and cleanse once or twice a month!

2. Goodbye, Erin
The Fearsome Foursome had one last evening together - the 4 of us living no more than 15 minutes from each other - before we said goodbye to our love and 1/4 of the puzzle, Erin. She moved to Portland last Monday. Sad? Absolutely. Bittersweet? Sure. But this I know: we are decade sisters for life and having Erin 6 hours away won't change it.



3. Hawaii
I will be doing a whole blog post about Hawaii on Monday but can I just tell you - it was amazzzziiinnnggggg! Sunshine, killer food, un-real lodging, breathtaking sunsets and a few too many Skinny Puerto Ricans! It was a dream vacation - one we would never have been able to take had it not been for Nick's impressive and well deserved professional achievements.



4. Speaking of professional achievements....
Today was my 3rd day as a SAHM. Tuesday morning I went to work intending to give my notice only to be surprised (VERY) to learn that my position would be eliminated effective immediately consolidated with payroll and given to one of the title clerks. Monday afternoon I was confident I was making the right decision. Tuesday morning I felt in control and confident I was making the right decision....the SECOND the day didn't go my way is when things like value, embarrassment, self-worth and taking. it. personal. crept up like a mother and wore out their welcome.

I have never said my dream when I had kids was to be at home but I know this: God is totally, unquestionably at hand here and I believe that what happened on Tuesday has been in the making all along. Do I know what will happen a week from now, a month from now, next year? No way! Will I hate staying at home? Will I love staying at home? Will the desire to go back to work overwhelm me? Will God open and close doors? If so, when? See my point...

Here is what I will do until it all gets sorted out - I plan on  putting every piece of trust and faith I have in Him. After all, He is the perfect architect. The one whose plan is always FAR better than my own. I plan on loving my Preshy more than I ever have, spoiling him with all of my attention and regardless of if this time at home is short term or long term - relishing in this sweet time we have together.

As my mother so brilliantly put it, "Ashley, don't look to them to help you determine your value and self worth. If you need a reminder look into the familiar eyes of your son."

And he is sure LOVING having me home.



Happy Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment