Friday, October 21, 2011

Don't trust him as far as I can throw him

Election season. 

Just uttering the words makes me warm inside. I mean like what some late night activities do for some, politics does for me. 

I know that politics makes some people uncomfortable. Actually, a lot of people could care less and are so uneducated come election day. It is so sad - TO ME. Honestly, I don't really know how I got so passionate about the subject. Ohhhh I don't know, maybe it is because it actually impacts my life. 

Ever since I have been covering the Republican debates (which sorry, I totally missed the last two), I have said that something about Mitt Romney really bothers me. He is untrustworthy. Slick used car sales man. Career politician (even though Nick likes to point out he did work in the private sector). Even in 2008, he was not my guy.

This morning on CNN I read an article called, Why Republicans don't trust Romney. You can read it here. In fact, you should read it. I fist pumped the entire way through it. 

My favorite lines - 

But Romney's major challenge isn't his communication strategy. Instead, it's the same thing that plagued the former Massachusetts governor in the 2008 election: Many Republican voters don't like him, trust him or relate to him. It's not, as some political observers suggest, that they don't think Romney is sufficiently conservative. Rather, it's that they don't think he's sufficiently anything. What does it matter if they agree with what he espouses about issue X or topic Y if they don't believe a word he says?

If Romney ultimately turns out to be the Republican nominee, before he can even begin to convince the American people that he can be president, he'll first have to convince them that he's authentic and that he can be trusted.

Good luck with that, Mitt.

Yeah, good luck with that, Mitt. 

{Via Google}

No comments:

Post a Comment