Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Favorite paint colors

Each morning after I have been able to log-in, check my messages - phone and email, deal with any fires and grab my morning cup of coffee, I turn on my foot heater open my web browser and hurry  into town. In this case town is Blog Town, USA. 

I have 4 design blogs I check each morning.


One reason I love these blogs, other than some flipping amazing content, is the fact they they each subscribe to the best and hottest blogs out there. AND they are all listed on the side of each blog (besides YHL, they are King and Queen of Blog Town) complete with pictures of the most recent post. DANGER. I am sure you can see where I am going with this...each morning my intent is to check 4 blogs. At the end of my "blogging time-out", I have checked 20.

The one thing I love with a capital LLLLLL about the world o' blogging is how it opens my eyes. 

I am always one click away from finding my newest obsession. As stated above.

Case in point: today.

Today I found my kitchen backsplash tile.

Through Danielle Oakey's blog, I found: 
Make Them Wonder
Make Them Wonder

I about fainted in my black pleather office chair. 

A post about trendy backsplash options? Love.
A post about trendy backsplash options featuring a Moroccan inspired backsplash tile??? STOP IT.





I am so into Spanish/Arab inspired design, I could DIE! 
A post written just for me. 

I sent this little beaut to Nick - he DIED and that's it. Emailed the manufacturer and this baby is all but ordered. 

This happens to me at least twice a day. 

Yesterday, I stumbled onto a new little blog I am way obsessed with.

Favorite Paint Colors


Paint is the easiest and cheapest way to completely change the look or feel of a room.

What FPC does is takes reader submissions and Blog Town inspiration to create a paint color guide you can actually see. Not just a paint swatch. A completed room.

Even better - you can search by a specific color or exterior vs. interior. LOVE.

Ohhhh watch out.
I have a 3,700 sq foot house to paint. Best be believin' I will be visiting OFTEN.

Do you have rooms in your house in need of some paint love?

2 comments:

  1. Ashley, If you get that backsplash you MUST send me pictures! I love it too. Glad my post helped you out. Keep in touch!
    Dana @http://makethemwonderblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dana! I will most definitely keep you updated on the progress of that gorgeous backsplash!

    ReplyDelete