Wednesday, October 12, 2011

House Tour - Kitchen

Happy Hump Day!

I have pretty much had it. 
Feeling like a lazy bum.

I need to get unpacked (ALL THE WAY) and get my house in order!

Because I want to remember the before pictures, I will be taking you on a little house tour.
It won't be long before we start tearing our way through this little beauty and I want to remember. Then be amazed at how far we have come.  

Today - I will be showing you the kitchen!


Well would you look at that?  A see of blue linoleum and raw wood cabinetry. The knobs might be the worst thing in there...besides the florescent lights oh, and the genie wanna-take-a-ride-on-my-carpet carpet. 

Oh and have I mentioned that back in June, when we first spotted this diamond in the rough, we walked through with a Realtor that had just happened to drive by and stop - took us 1 minute -  and decided to buy the place? 

I didn't even check to see if I would get a garbage disposal with 311. 

Well, I didn't.

Here is the other side. A perfect galley kitchen.


My very FAVORITE thing about this kitchen is this window.  


The plan is to extend the kitchen all the way to the wall. Because the dining room is right off the kitchen (it is the room I am standing in to take the pic) we are going to opt out of a breakfast nook and fill in that puppy with granite, backsplash - sparkly of course - and cabinetry.

Nick would really like to change that window but I told him no - hands off you little thief. 
Two things are not allowed to be touched: the cherry tree and the big kitchen window. 

Right now we are using that little area above as Cruz's dining space. His high chair hangs out right near that window so when I am cooking, baking, cleaning or jamming out to BSB he can look out the window...or stare at me like I am a crazy person. It is delightful. 

Oh and Liam loves the window too. It is just his height. Since he is a full head and neck taller than the lower ledge, he gets the most marvelous view of the walkers, the golf course and the cars that drive by Molter Rd.

My sister - who is always scared of Spokane/Liberty Lake murderers and burglars - thinks I am off my rocker by not putting a window covering  on that window.
Talk about a class A FELONYYYY...I could never cover up that baby. The light that flows into my house because of that window...priceless.

I just have to be very careful...bet-you-didn't-know-fact #167 about me: I would move us all to a nudest colony if Nick would let me. In fact, I would really like to turn our home into a nude home. Meaning nude only if you want to come in.
Just so happens I married the most CONSERVATIVE man on the planet. He is very shy. Even if every blind was shut and every door was closed Nick wouldn't be caught dead walking around the house with flesh exposed. Saadddddd.

Anyway.
Nick, I am sorry to say that if we were to take a vote on whether or not that window stays or goes, you would be out voted.

Liam, Cruz and I - Yes
You - No

3 to 1. Window stays.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome kitchen!!! Like! Like! Like!!

    How about shutters for that window? You get the best of both worlds - Nick can close them at night and you can open them WIDE open in the morning to let in the light?! I love shutters...and the 6 windows in the front of my house will someday have them. They cost a pretty penny, and we have a fence to put up in the spring, but they are SO worth it! In my humble opinion ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!!!!!!! Lots of things about this post made me laugh!!!!! I love how you write! It's jam packed with VIBRANT word pictures and enough expression to knock Mohammed Ali on his boxing behind!
    Thanks for my daily afternoon giggles!!

    Now get with it and start posting every day and I do mean EVERY!!!
    Love from your number one homie!

    ReplyDelete