Monday, November 7, 2011

1st annual Christmas in November!


The first Friday of November is what my sister and I are calling Christmas in November and last Friday was our first annual. 

It is the day we pick one OR MORE Christmas craft projects and complete them all while sipping on a Starbucks - in a red cup of course - enjoy winter Scentsy smells and blast a little Christmas cheer via Pandora!

I even took the morning off work. Yes, I am hard core. 

After browsing Pinterest for hours to try and find the right craft to complete, we decided on this as our Christmas in November  Pin-spiration. Ha! Get it?

Pinned Image

So off we went to Hobby Lobby - Thursday afternoon - to get our supplies. 
1. A box of clear glass ornaments = 50% $7.99
2. Acrylic Folkart paint in 4 colors - red (Christmas red), dark green (holly green), lime green (sour apple) and a Grellow (citron green) = $1.29 a pop
3. Baby magnets = $3.99

Here is how it all went down: we popped the tops off of the glass ornaments and poured in a generous amount of paint. We both thought it would be fun to have a swirled, very imperfect pattern to each ornament so we twirled the glass ornament until we achieved a pattern we were happy with. 

Here is what it looked like in mid-twirl!


The acrylic paint covered great!  
After doing a test ball, I decided to use the lime-ier greens and Em opted for the use of the red and dark green. Super traditional - just like Em!

Here is one of my balls before I put the top back on. Super random. Really great.


My collection of ornaments...


Emily's collection of ornaments... 



Once we were finished swirling and twirling we then took our baby magnets - strength 7 out 10 - super glued them to the back, let dry for about 2 minutes and ready they were to be hung!

Here is the end product on Em's fridge and on my fridge. 
LOVE! 


.
Both Nick and Grayling loved our little craft - in fact, Nick noticed it right away, first thing in the door. It is WAY fun to extend the Christmas decor into the kitchen by adding a few fun, unexpected moments. 

Bottom line: Christmas in November was a hit! 

Such a great new tradition for Em and I and for our babes. Next year, we will have to do a project they can jump in on. 

This year, while the boys crawled all over each other, all Lucy wanted to do was get her nails painted, put on makeup, chew gum and try on my hat and the rest of the jewelry I had on. 

I will give her this, she is beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment