Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Banner Palooza

As you saw yesterday, I posted a night time picture of my partially decorated living room. 

It was a hot mess.

Well, this weekend among other things (my husby is more amazing than I could say) we were able to find most of my Christmas decorations our of storage and our still-full-of-packed-moving-boxes-garage to start our little home's transformation for the Holidays. 

Here is how it stands this afternoon after locating our third stocking, purchasing some simple brushed nickle stocking holders and finding my lit garland & red beads.


Ahhhh...
It is getting there. 

Oh, hey Liam!
He loves my Christmas ornaments and decor...last year when Nick seemed to convince me that he didn't need his muzzle, we came home after a hot date to find 4.5 DEMOLISHED ornaments all over our zebra carpet. Bad Liam. I assure you, that won't happen this year. 


I still need to add our family photos to the wall, find some amazing sculptural piece/s for the TV wall (ooohhh spray painted faux animal heads????) and finish our fireplace. When people walk into our living room during these next two months I want an audible gasp. 

Thinking out loud with my mom about how best to finish off that fireplace wall - other than hanging my lit garland and beads and adding candles - we both looked at each other and said almost simultaneously: BANNER. 
Don't you think a banner BELONGS right above my three stocking ledges - which any other time of the year, I DESPISE but this year are fittingly, PERF?!

So off to the world wide web I went in search of some delish Christmas banners.

First, Anthropologie. OMG, DIE.
I love Anthro...too bad EVERYTHING including most sale items are out of my price range. Check out this beaut from Anthro.


BAM: $98.00

Okay so at least it is a start. I do kinda LOVE that....maybe I next year.

I think to myself, "Gosh, Ashley. What do you love more than anything besides your family (Preshy Pot Pie, and sexy muffin, Nick), beauty pageants, food, HBK, cupcakes, HGTV, MAC, Buckle...oh Republican values??? Why yes. You believe in small businesses. Small businesses? Etsy! OF COURSE."

So off I went.

I simply searched Merry Christmas Banners and instantly had 384 options to choose from. 

A couple caught my eye:


{Via $20}


{Via $25}


{Via $20}

Ummm...if this one had been in a banner?
Search done. 
LOVE!

It is a simple greeting card from Sparrow Nest Script. I ADORE the script.



Then...wait just one second...

I found THE one.


An INTENTIONAL Merry Christmas banner from Cardboard Sheek

I love everything about it. It is not too fussy, just the right size, super contemporary (LOVE the color), and says just what I mean when I say Merry Christmas!

Signed, sealed... all we need is delivered. 
$33 dollars, well worth it.
Done and DONE!

Actually.....

I loved it so much that I decided my sister needed to take a looksy at some of the other options. 
See - sometimes I never really know what my sister will love and what she will luke-wark-like. 

Well - I knew I was obsessed for a reason. She LOVED IT!

Sooooooooooo, I decided she needed a cash advance (she watches Cruz for us now that his old babysitter is just about ready to have her first baby) so I ordered her this one!


AHhhh Em! It is going to look AMAZING in your house!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for them BOTH to arrive and to show you the finished product. 

Okay, that was exhausting.
Glad banner palooza is over...for now. 

I definitely think I need one of these for Cruz's first birthday happy hour. 

Over and Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment