Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Baby Boy Salzwedel

You all know that I have a sick love for baby names. I have mentioned this sick love in good detail here and then again here

You also may recall that every night I spend about 30 seconds trying to pump Nick up for our nightly ritual - me list out a bunch of fab baby names and him saying yes or no. 

Sometimes he surprises me. 

He will say no to ones I think he will love and yes to ones I would bet lots of money on he would say no way in h e double hockey sticks.

Like last night's list.
Via here.

Jennifer - no
Daniel - no
Myrtle - Myrtle? no.
Bird - no.
Autumn - ehhh, that's okay.
Saffron - no.
Carpenter - Actually...I kinda like that. 
(SERIOUSLY????)
Raven - no. 
(I totally thought he may say okay to Raven. It was on our first list, first pregnancy)
Corvus -  Is that real?
Hummingbird - Really? no.
Teak - That is a piece of boat wood. no.
(I love this)
Kingfisher - NO.
Joinery - No.
Aves - no.
Bluedorn - no.
Willow - Yes.
(I knew he would love this. This was also on list #1, pregnancy #1)
Halcyon - NO.

So this morning after that disaster of a sesh - he calls me on his way to work. 

Nick: Okay, I have found my all time favorite baby boy name. 
Ashley: OMG. Okay hit me with it.
(Oh you guys, I was soooo ready for an out of the world - I AGREE, BABE - type name)
Nick: You ready.....
Ashley: YES.
Nick: Conrad. 

Womp Womp.

CONRAD? Are you kidding me?
I like names like Indigo and Jagger...ConnnnnnRAD?

Ashley: Oh. Okay. How about I think about that for the rest of the day and let you know. 
Nick: laughing I know what that means.

He went on, dead seriously, to tell me why Conrad is perfect for our fake-not-real-yet-son.

I guess I should be thanking my lucky stars he is coming to the table with suggestions but I will tell you one thing: our child, should we be blessed with a baby boy, will not be named Conrad Salzwedel.

Oh well. Here's to trying again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment