Tuesday, November 22, 2011

House Tour - Guest Bath

Welcome to House Tour. 
Where we take you into the home of two self-professed design junkies and watch them transform their beater from drab to Maaaayyyy-Jorrrrrrr fab.  

I am your host, Ashley Salzwedel. 

Last episode we talked about the ever small master bath and our plans to extend. Today, you get to see our beauty of guest bath. Aren't you lucky?

Without further ado...



Here she is. In all of her pink and blue glory!

Too bad she will be 100% dead and gone before we get to the point to find out the sex of our next baby. Cause let's face it - this baby could be a great backdrop for our gender reveal party

This is hands down the LEAST functional 4 piece bathroom I have ever known let alone had in a house I owned...why?

First of all, there is not ONE outlet. You mean to tell me Betty and Floyd Johnson didn't use an electric shaver? A curling iron? An electric tooth brush? A hair dryer? 

How do you expect me to make this bathroom smell good when I can't even plug in a Scentsy pot?

Nick said it best (2 seconds ago): This bathroom is only good for three S's. A s$%^, shower and shave.... and a clean one at that. Touche husby. Touche.

Other problems:
*Minimal storage - Each drawer is more narrow than my monthly InStyle and as long as a banana. 
*Shallow tub - I did try to take a bath. Once. If I wanted the water to come up past my belly button, I would have flooded the place. It does work perfectly, however, for Cruz man. This is where he takes baths everyday.
*A vanity made for hobbits - It is extremely uncomfortable to brush your teeth or wash your face. Forget taking an old school drink from the spout. You will honestly break your back.

So what is the plan? 

Unlike the light, bright scheme planned for the master I am taking this baby dark! I think the guest bath is the perfect place to take some design risk. 

Nothing is going to change as far layout or size. This room will not be affected by our master bed/bath addition.

So here are some of my inspiration photos sitting ever so patiently in my Pinterest account waiting to be used.

Pinned Image

 Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

{Via Pinterest}

Is it totally sad for me to say that this bathroom is like 10th on my list of rooms that need to get done because it is not my bathroom?! 

Sorry, Nick.

I just get to enjoy the sweet Moroccan inspired blue laminate when I play with my baby in the bath. 

Next episode I will take you through the main floor bedrooms. Get ready. 

xoxoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment