Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Gym Class Heroes + Labor Day

My heart's a stereo 
It beats for you, so listen close
Hear my thoughts in every note oh oh

Make me your radio
Turn me up when you feel low
This melody was meant for you
Just sing a long to my stereo
It beats for you

Jamming out to Adam Levine and Stereo Hearts. LOVE. I am so bobbing my black sparkle fedora rockin' head right. this. minute. Double Love. 

Well I am back peeps. It was a wild weekend in the good ol' Lewiston/Clarkston Valley. We gardened, played, ohh'd and awwww'd, visited, loved, debated, napped and ate great food.  Just my kind of weekend. 

Let me give you a picture re-cap of the festivities that were. 

PS: Just pushed re-play. DIGGING that song  - like too much. In fact so you can love it too, here you go.


ANYYYYYywayyyyy.....

Saturday we spent some time with Nick's mom, step-dad, brother and nieces - Izzy and Karmen. We don't get to see Izzy and Karmen too often so it was amazing to have them there for the weekend. They both love Cruz and entertained him to death. He loves his cousins. 
He smiled at Karmen and Izzy all weekend long.

We picked fresh veggies out of the garden and watched everyone ohhh and awwww over our gentle general, Liam. I don't really get the whole "pony" thing but I guess he is huge...especially when I see him next to the kiddos.

*Sorry, can't seem to be able to turn it. I will figure it out later but just two seconds - Look at Karmen. She is STUNNING. I mean seriously. Her eyes are cat like - so beautiful. Watch out Jamie, I am submitting her to ANTM...in like 10 years (she is 8).


Cathy, Nick's mom, is a social thing. I swear her house is a revolving door for guests (totally know where Nick gets it from). It was too funny - late on Sunday after our day with Bob and Laurie (Nick's dad and step-mom), Cathy gets a call from a friend who tells her she is bringing by her husband, daughter and daughter's friends to get a look at Liam. When they got to the house one of the girls whipped out her camera phone..."Woah, that is the biggest dog I have ever seen"...so funny. 

Sunday, after Cruz's later morning nap, we went to visit Laurie.


I have to admit, I was nervous to go. We haven't seen Laurie in 6 months - since she found out that the cancer she beat last year had returned in a big way - to her brain. She was immediately rushed off to the Cancer Center of America in Zion, IL to fight her second battle. One she is still fighting to this day.

My nerves went straight away as soon as I saw her face. As you can see, she looks beautiful.
Despite the fact that the cards that have been most recently been dealt to her have been less than thrilling, she was positive, optimistic and so sweet. 

Cruz did fantastic, even slept in Nick's arms as I pushed them both around in this wheel chair meeting the other residents who are beyond fascinating. 

We met Annie. 

A 90 something who, unfortunately, has lost her mind. She is a little bit crazy and a little bit sassy. 20 minutes into our visit she came into Laurie's room, thinking it was hers. Once she saw the baby she was on a mission to get a hold of his chubby little cheeks. Bob so nicely kicked her out of the room - cause let's face it, Annie + Cruz = all kinds of problems. On her way out, she was slapping Bob in the arm all while screaming "BASTARD" down the hall. 

2 hours later while wheeling Nick and Cruz up and down the hall we ran into Annie by the coffee bar. She had forgotten us by then so I decided to stop and ask her about the pretty knitted blanket she had on her lap. She looked straight passed me to Nick and asked, "Where does he work?"
I looked at Nick and mouthed the words, think of some where good. 
She didn't wait for him to answer and said, "Oh at Albertsons?"

I said, "Yes, Annie. He works at Albertsons as a checker boy."
She goes, "Does he like his job?"
I said, "Yes, Annie. He loves working at Albertsons."

At this point Nick looked at me, totally not amused like I was BTW and wheeled us out of there. 


Here are my boys - man did I win the jackpot? I mean, seriously???? Could Preshy be any cuter?????????? Nick is hot too...can't forget about my main man.

Our weekend ended with a visit  to Oma and Opa's. 


Time to make the 2 hour drive home. Seriously tuckered this cutie out.
He slept the entire way home. 

 *Look at the rouge eyelash. He is going to be so handsome when he is older. Like his daddy.

We are glad to be home but were really glad to be able to spend some time with our Lewiston/Clarkston/Asotin family. It is always a great time. 

PS: Loan paperwork was submitted today. 24-48 hours we will know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be saying prayers for us. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment