Monday, September 12, 2011

We've Been...

teaching our giant human sized dog how move about our tiny space so that our downstairs neighbors don't bang on the ceiling three times every night telling us to shut the eff up.
getting nervous for baby #2 - do I continue to work? will Cruz be okay? will I love him or her as much? can Nick and I survive?   
working really really really hard to try and change our financial situation so that we can continue to build our real estate empire
hanging onto hope that those I love who don't know Jesus Christ will come to understand the beautiful gift that has been given to them and that they choose to accept it
soaking up every day precious moments with Cruz - I know that in a blink of an eye he will be on the high school football team, driving, bringing home girls, applying for college, joining a fraternity, graduating, getting married and having babies of his own 
researching ways to turn our almost new house into a one of a kind dream home Nick and I can raise our family in
singing Erik Svendsen's version of Give me Jesus by Jeremy Camp
listening to my best friend Lauren give me the words I need to hear to make my world right - she is my number one counselor
playing with Lucy Love is one of the highlights of my life - she is the most fun 2 year old I know
praying for help so that I can be a respectful loving wife and guidance so that I can raise children who love God and love others
saving every penny we have to make our dreams a reality
baking Nancy Rasmussen's pumpkin bread - no kidding, I've never had better
planning our (Kelly Haas) Kim Kardashian wedding viewing party - that's right, a big fat party to watch Kim's Fairy Tale Wedding complete with champagne, cupcakes and wedding dresses
seeing Nick work so hard to provide for our family is inspiring - there is no one with better work ethic than him. he is the best salesman I know
loving me some politics right about now - debates, campaigns, media coverage, drama...oooohh I love it all
watching Nick father Cruz makes me want to sob - its the sweetest thing in the whole world
wishing my sister lived next door to me so we could play every day
looking forward to the day Cruz can say, I love you too mama and even more immediate - looking forward to moving into our almost new house
dreaming about the moment when I can finally say that my family is complete - the moment where Cruz gets to meets his little brother or sister for the first time
having the best time with my mother - now that I am older I appreciate her heart so much more and have the best time laughing, talking and hanging out with her
starting to worry about my parent's health - it is freighting to remember that we all get old, exciting to know what will be waiting for them when it's time but terrifying to imagine life here without them 
thanking God for my husband - there is no other person on this planet I would want to do life with 

Heather, this was the best! Thank you for including me in your post!

Now it is your turn - Mesha from Duh, don't you want to know about me (cause I know you won't back down from a challenge and because I love hearing from you :)); Emily from Love Letters Inc. (cause you need to redeem yourself from not completing the last challenge that was presented to you) and Heather from Count it all joy! (cause you have the most beautiful family ever!)
Megan Snyder: I would love to read this on your blog too - I check it everyday to see if you have updated it ps! :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment