Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Autumn


We are seriously at fall...already? Not only does this mean summer is no longer (well one more weekend, right? 90 degrees..what! what!) but it also means that in one more season, I will have a ONE YEAR OLD!!!!!!!!!

In honor of my very favorite season I will be spending Sunday afternoon making Nancy Rasmussen's world famous pumpkin bread. This bread is the best pumpkin bread I have EVER had. Describing this bread as moist is an understatement. Starbucks PB (compared to this stuff) = sick. Secret??? Too much cooking oil. I didn't say it was healthy for you.

Last fall/winter, I made 50 loafs. MINIMUM. My sis, Emily, definitely benefited from my baking love considering she was a mere 2 minutes down the street. She got at least 7 loafs, piping hot, right out of the oven.


Yum!
In other news: 
Our loan is sitting with USDA!!! Last step folks. By the hard deadline of October 5th we will either have a yes or a no. 
Back to square one or a big move into our dream house.
Keep the prayers coming our way. 

Cruz gets more fun and more cute by the second. I love him beyond any words I could even think to say. He is my preshy pie and I am obsessed. Even cooler, every time I look at his face I see my sweet husband. Cruz is a daily reminder of just how much I love Nick. Cruz and Nick are my life. 

At almost 8 months old Cruz:

*is eating EVERYTHING but prefers sausage, toast with butter, pancakes and pineapple.
*is now sitting up so great! sitting in the bath, the grass, to play - although he is a master roller. He will roll from one end of the room to the other to be near me and the puppies. 
*is almost crawling....he is up on his hands and his knees...it won't be long now...
*is sleeping great! Still wakes up once a night but sleeps 12 hours overall. 
*beyond loves his daddy. Now, when Nick gets home from work and says hello, Cruz will immediately turn around smile and start wildly kicking his legs. It is so stinkin' cute.
*has two teeth! They are both on the bottom and about 1/4 of the way out!
*is simply the joy of our life.

Here are some pics of Mr. Handsome Liberty Lake USA this past week. 








Happy Friday and Happy Autumn you all!
xoxo

OMG BREAKING NEWS: I just won my first blog-giveaway!!!!!!!!!! Literally as I was going to my hotmail account to download Cruz pics for this blog I got an email from Rebecca Woolf from Girls Gone Child!
I won a personalized wooden teether courtesy of Little Alouette!!! Check out the post here. It is actually a really great post! 
Ps: Warning, start reading Rebecca's blog and you will be hooked. It took me 4 hours at work one day trying to play catch up, reading all of her past posts. She is inspiring, her family is beautiful and her kid's names??? Seriously, Amazing.
(She just had twin girls 10 days ago PS.)

Thank you so much, Rebecca! Sooooo excited as a wooden teether is just what we need in these parts!

No comments:

Post a Comment