Friday, August 26, 2011

Beautiful Life

1,000 sq foot 2nd floor Condo
15 stairs
Nick
Ashley
130 lb Liam - so another person
Cruz
Bianca
Kitty Cat - who we are watching and trying HARD to love

There are many days I want to jump off the balcony of this said condo.

I can tell you right this second, community living with a Great Dane....yeah, NEVER DO IT. Yesterday we got a call that there have been two complaints about Liam.
1. We are not cleaning up after him
2. He barks too much and his bark is too loud.

Okay, let's think about this for ONE MINUTE.
First off, being that he is the size of a small pony and weighs more than most adult women I know, his craps are the size of horse craps. Remember also me telling you he goes three times a day? RiiiIGghHT. So if we were not cleaning up after his huge #2s, there would be 93 piles of HUGE HORSE/HUMAN crap in the yard. 93 - 3 times the 31 days we have been living in SAID CONDO.

Regarding complaint number 2...
I work part time and am out of the house by 6:30am. Nick then leaves the house about 7:20am with Cruz to get him to day care by 7:30am.
Before Nick leaves he takes the dogs downstairs to do their thing, comes back up, packs up the babe, feeds the dogs and then MUZZLES Liam.

Trust me folks, this is not ideal and frankly - super sucky however, I am here to tell you with 100% certainty that if he was not muzzled, I would come home to find a dead kitty cat and HUGE HOLES in the furniture.

I have to keep telling myself two very important things.
  • This is only temporary and all of our sacrifices are going to be worth it when we are able to move into our almost new house.
  • What an amazing blessing you have been given - one which allows you to live in a wonderfully quaint space totally rent free.
Sure it is a pain in my @$$ to:

Come home from work, place my screaming child in his crib (cause he is hungry or just whining cause he can't see me), leash Liam, run him down the 15 stairs to the grass, wait till he pees and drops logs, go grab a bag, go back to the logs, pick up the logs, throw the logs in the trash, yell for Bianca, run back up the 15 stairs, feed the dogs their lunch, wash my hands and FINALLY get back to my screaming child....

Hear the neighbors banging on our ceiling at 5pm when Liam is bucking bronco-ing cause Nick just walked in the door.

Have the kitty cat jumping on my face at 3am wanting to be pet.

Hear the Cat Genie (litter box) go off - for what feels like - every 30 minutes all hours of the day and night. It sounds like a leer jet at take off, BTW.

BUT at the end of the day my family and I are together(including big annoying Liam), happy and really, hugely blessed

{Via Here}


It is a beautiful life indeed.

Happy Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. That picture is absolutely adorable, Ash!! And I love how much you love your family- even the big 130 big brother :)

    ReplyDelete