Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Will and Jada + Quote of the month

Yesterday, my day was 1000% ruined when the celebrity gossip website, TMZ, sent me a text message saying Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith had separated.

I vividly remember the moment I found out my celeb couple crush - Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson - announced they were ending their marriage. It was Thanksgiving weekend and we had just returned from Texas watching Em play in a basketball tourney. I had been without people.com for 4 days so of COURSE first stop after entering the house on Sumner Lane? The den, DUH!

I read the headline and my jaw opened and stayed open for like 2 minutes. Following my shock, I headed to mom's medicine cabinet to shoot some Pepto. My stomach seriously hurt (PS: Anyone else love the taste of Pepto like I do? I could seriously have a tall glass each night with dinner - that and orange Triaminic). Anyway - I had just spend my summer earnings on all three seasons of Newlyweds and bought her wedding book. I was 2 seconds away from buying a replica of her engagement ring and swore my future husband HAD to propose on a yacht in Hawaii.

I am ridiculous.

Hollywood marriages fail and I know that but to hear Will and Jada on Oprah claim the "D" word is not an option - I mean really? Who says that anymore?!?! My favorite is hearing all the ways Jada keeps things spicy. Did you hear about the one time they did the nasty in the limo on the way to the 2010 Golden Globes? COME ON! That is hot and amazing (am I allowed to say I wish my husband could keep up these days? Holy after baby! Marnie, you were soooo right).

The Smiths released a statement late afternoon that they are in fact still together but as my Tri Delta sista, Marnie Jackson, brilliantly put it: Nick and Jessica released the same statement.

Look what happened to them.

Without further ado, here is my new quote of the month by none other than Mr. Will Smith.



No comments:

Post a Comment