Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Swim



Cruz is 5 days shy from the 7 month mark - EEKKKK! Among being a little MAN, we went swimming for the very first time yesterday afternoon.

First off, Cruz is obsessed with bath time.

When Cruz came home, I was lucky enough to have my mom with me for the first two weeks. I can't begin to tell you what a blessing that was.

I was so out of it - tired, both physically and emotionally that I swear I couldn't tell up from down. It took three days however for that infamous breakdown. My loves, the Fearsome, came over for dinner to see Cruz. It was three days after Cruz's birth. I remember at dinner, I felt as though I was on the verge of tears but I was able to make it through. Once they left I went upstairs to take a bath and babyyyy...the flood gates opened. I was sobbing. Nick came up to check on me and asked me why I was crying. All I could muster was - I HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!!!

Thank goodness the crazy left as quickly as it came. Woah.

In the meantime, my stud of a mother worked with me and Cruz to establish a routine (SAVIOR!). Part of that routine was two baths - one in the morning and one at night. I get it - against doctors orders but I do NOT love a smelly baby. Nothing is more preshy than Cruz after a vanilla oatmeal bath. I still remember his smell.

SOOO, he started his love affair with the water day 1.

Clearly, swimming is much different than bath time. Although I have to say that the water in the pool yesterday was bath warm. I slid Cruz into his floaty and off we went. This face says it all - 2 seconds after we first got in.


My boy is serious and has been since he came into this world. It was hard to get him to crack a smile - and still to this day he spends most of his time processing. It is pretty cute though - and makes it all the more worth it when he flashes you his incredible smile - reminds me of his daddy, that smile.


Cruz and I plan on soaking up the last of our beautiful summer weather swimming with Em and her babes and spending every afternoon together. I know that before I know it, he will be all grown up with a sibling...sheesh...I don't know how you people do it. Could it be even remotely possible to love another Salz baby as much as I love Cruz?

Ps: Cruz is a rock star in the eating dept. I can pretty much always bet that a banana yum yum or some strawberry/apple puffies will calm my fussy babe. In fact when I pull out the puffy container and shake it, he starts to shimmy and shake like The Wiggles. It is so cute.

Oh and for dinner - yes, we the messiest pair on the face of the planet.


Seriously I could just eat him up even soiled in sweet potatoes and chicken dinner.
That's my preshy for you.

Happy Tuesday
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment