Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Big Weekend



This past weekend was kinda big....it was the weekend of my 10 year reunion and my 28th birthday. Kinda crazy that in only two more years, I will officially be in my 30s! I don't feel that old but I do. Weird.

For those of you who commented on my 10 year reunion post, thank you! You guys rock. The purpose of this blog is to document our little life and with that all of the good and all of the bad. My goal, as totally uncomfortable as it is most days I post, is to be as transparent and real with you as I am with my fearsome, husband and family.


Anyway, Friday was so crazy fun. I realize that there were only about 61 folks from our class of 500 that showed up (many thanks to Lauren and Casey for the research) and I realize that it was in a hair salon. There wasn't a fancy catered dinner, a high end bar or a professional dance floor YET it was a great time. Many thanks to the folks who spent their summer planning it and putting it together.

For those of you who feel the need to complain, saying it wasn't classy or stupid or not planned well - you should not have come or you should have stepped up to the plate and planned the thing. Okay. That ends my rant. One last thing - you could have been a graduate of U-Hi and paid 80 bucks a plate...just sayin...

I got to see many people I have not spoken to since senior year, reconnect with friends that I haven't seen in months and most importantly hang out with my crew and enjoy a night out with my husband sans baby C - who was with mimi and papa (thank goodness for mimi and papa! :)). Like I said in my post, it will be as fun as you make it and boy we made it fun - talking to you pre-funk ladies! Kristi V.: Won't forget the night thanks to you! Oh and thank you for you know what....our little secret! ;)

I heard a rumor that some of the 20-some dollars I paid to attend will be banked away for our 20 year...fine by me. It is our own fault we didn't get out there in 2001 and do more fundraisers. Where were you Lauren, JoAnna and Erin - cheerleader extraordinaires (one of the saddest days of my life...the day I auditioned and didn't make the team - ohhhh and let's not even bring up lilac princess....cheesecake at Cyrus O'Learys, really???!?!?! Can you tell I am totally over high school?!?!) ??? Where were the bikini car washes????

Saturday was spent with a large headache out at Newman Lake soaking up the 90 degree weather. And then Sunday. It was my day. I was conceived at 1441 powderhorn drive in Corvallis, OR. I won't even tell you my mother's response to the question I asked her a few days ago - Mom, where was I conceived? Let's just say I didn't ask her HOW I was conceived. Riiighhhttt...

Fast forward 9 months. July 31, 1983, 8am. Out I came.

Sunday was fantastic. A day filled with all of my faves: starbucks, church, starbucks, a baby shower honoring baby Jack and my dear love Kate, sushi at Ugly Fish in CDA with my family, Cupcake Love's cupcakes, Starbucks (HOLY CRAP, I really had 3 that day?! Woah.), gifts then a showering of love from my friends on fbook. That might have been a highlight. I really have the nicest, best, friends ever.

Nick asked me what I most wanted for my birthday this year and I said - OUR almost new HOUSE. I am banking on the fact that this is going to be one killer year for me. We may get our almost new house, may become pregnant, may see a change in my employment, may travel...lots of exciting prospects for my 28th year of life. ANNNNDDDD I have the most precious addition to the rest of my birthdays moving forward. Cruzie baby.

What more can a girl ask for?


Happy Tuesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment