Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Love of Jesus


Ever since I got out of the 10 am church service at Valley Real Life, the only thing I have been thinking about is Pastor Jerry's (guest pastor from The Crossing church) wrap up.

In the middle of my fist pumps, tears flowed. It was the most beautiful, most true, most convicting set of statements - describing the love of Jesus - I have ever heard. It was so powerful that my neighbor was crying, the couple in front of us were both crying and the cute young lady kitty corner to me was crying.

My obsession with this declaration took me to Sunday's sermon where I re-played it 20 times just to capture so perfectly as to never forget where to come to when I am lost, sad, misguided, broken or in need of an eternal hug and some fist pumping-hallelujah-you-say-it-Pastor-Jerry!

When I need direction he's my narrow path
When I need shelter he's my cleft in the rock
When I need a way out he's my open door
When I need illumination he's my light
When I need someone to look after me he's my Shepard
When I get lost he assembles a search party
When I'm caught in a storm he says peace be still

He's the fount of every blessing
He's the crimson flood that washes away my stain of sin
He's the cloud which all the showers of blessings flow
He wrote the songs the birds sing

He's the author of life, giver of life, restorer of life, the resurrection and the life

He makes life abundant, joyful, purposeful, meaningful and eternal

He's the law giver and the grace giver
He's the judge and the defense lawyer
He demands the payment then pays the price himself
He sees my sin but believes in my potential
He has the power to condemn me but he chooses to forgive me
He's the source of all my healing
He makes a demon possessed man a town's only hope
He heals 10 lepers even though 1 comes back to thank him

He calms the sea, raises the dead, feeds the multitudes, teaches the educators, heals the masses, notices the insignificant, restores the ruin, includes the lovely, remembers the forgotten, forgives the condemned, lifts up the humble, brings down the proud, mends the broken and sets the captive free.

His power even flows through the hem of his garment.

I wish I could tell you about him.

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to stand up and say AMEN! Hallelujah!!!!! Tears were flowing on our side of the church too! And my arm hair was standing on end! I'm totally copying this and posting it. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this & needed to read it today.. thanks!
    -megan (lynberg) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post and love your writing! You are so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete