Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Brother, Sister + Photo Shoot...again



My sweet Grandma Leal left us yesterday. I love her. She is a sassy little mexi who makes me laugh like no other. I am thankful that my mom inherited the mexi sassy-ness so I know what to expect when she gets older. I can tell my sis and I will have some fun...

As we were getting ready to leave my sister's house, I was placing Cruz in his carseat and I said in my high pitched "parentese" or cartoon voice, my sis calls it, "Come on Cruzie, let's go rescue your brother and sister." OFFFF courrrssee I was referring to Liam and Bianca.

My Grandma mumbled her disgust in Spanish then said in Spanglish, "Brother and sister?!?! Cruz no tienes a brother and sister." She was appalled I would refer to our dogs as Cruz's siblings. ABSURDITY, I say!! This was coming from a Grandma who had a toy poodle named Toby she would sleep with and to this day - with Toby being dead for 8 years now - will tell us she felt him under her covers rustling around or her dreams about him running up to her bed "asking" for a kiss. No lie.

We hugged, kissed and said goodbye so I could get Cruz back to his BROTHER and SISTER to play. I am telling you what, that boy loves him some siblings.


In other news, today we are meeting up with the FABULOUS Sarah Graczyk of G Photography by Sarah for family pictures and Cruz's 6 month pics. She is crazy talented with a capitol T! We were fortunate enough to have her do my maternity pictures and Cruz's hospital and newborn pics. You can see them here, here and here.

I love Sarah because she is real, easy to love and so simply amazing. She is a wife and mother, just like me, who loves to capture moments. I can embarrass myself by pulling out every America's Next Top Model photo shoot I have ever seen to try and get a killer shot and she is right there telling me what works and what doesn't.

To me, pictures of our journey to Cruz and of course his first days, are more precious than any diamond on earth.




I can't wait to continue to document his little spirit and for Sarah to capture our little family just as we are.

Preview to come....

Happy Wednesday!


1 comment:

  1. Oh! Thank you, Ashley!! It means so much that you mentioned me on your blog! I am the lucky one to be able to photograph your family! Thank you, thank you! Sarah~

    ReplyDelete