Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend Happenings

My weekend in review.

I was a single mom this weekend due to the fact my husband was away running his guts out in the Spokane to Sandpoint race. Look at my little stud muffy...all tatted and buff..and vain-y.

He made this mama proud running 16 and some miles in blistering heat. If I would have been there I would have reminded him to eat well and hydrate. Because I wasn't, he got really sick. Like really really sick. Poor guy. Goes to show you mama is always right.

So, while dad was away we watched a little Saturday morning cartoons.

Then we went to the farmers market with our dear love, Kelly! While I didn't snap a pic we had Starbucks, lemon/blueberry scones, picked ourselves some gorge dahlia bouquets and even picked up some fresh basil, melon and peaches. Ohhh those peaches...nothing quite like biting into an organic, home grown peach. I mean the juice was running down everywhere! ANDDDD I can't forget the gab time. Much needed! Thanks Kelly...Cruz and I love you!

Next, we chilled...well he chilled

And while he chilled, the other he played with Bianca. Okay more like grab her hair, ear, whiskers...anything he could get his hands on. It is pretty presh to watch B with Cruz. Any other kid/baby who tries to grab her the way Cruz does is in big trouble. She totally snaps. Trey almost got his finger bit off trying to grab her ear. When Cruz does it? She scoots away - you know, the don't-touch-me-but-you-are-still-fun-and-I-love-you-and-you-are-my-brother-so-I'll-let-you scoot.

Then dad came home...but he went straight to bed. He would have ripped off my head if I would have tried to snap a pic so sorry folks. I am sure you can imagine a sunburnt, sore, sick, tatted up Nick. Not pretty...truly a sore sight.

In the meantime, we chewed on Sophie. LOVE LOVE LOVE Sophie. Soph is now TOTALLY on the BFF list. Right next to dad, Bianca and Liam.

ANDDDD I had a pint of Ben and Jerrys (maple blondie to be exact...yummm) while watching a little Fox News. Hear about Tim Pawlenty? Too bad and a little weak sauce if you ask me.

So that is really it for my weekend in review. I don't much like being a single mom but I can tell you one thing, I sure have fun with my boy.

PS: Nick is now feeling like a million bucks in case you were wondering. Glad he is back in action. My partner is back just in time to join me stuff my face with more ice cream.

The only difference: he just ran 16 miles and I didn't.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment